exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

bonne anniversaire

the thing about birthdays is, they're too brief. you blink a couple of times, and it's over.it's already the next day.

well, my day has just started, so if i blink, i'm going to do it very slowly.

started my exams today. no exams tomorrow (hence the blogging at 2 in the morning. i couldn't sleep). Maths and GP went okay, a few glitches, but what's the point in agonizing over papers that have been passed up, ey?

my college mates have sort of,in a way, wished me beforehand. can't wait to go out with u guys after the dreaded accouting exam.

at exactly 12 am just now, some ppl that i predicted would wish me did(and i adore these folks for that :D), some ppl i was convinced would msg me(or at least show some sign they remembered my birthday), didn't, some ppl i was HOPING would msg me didn't either, and some ppl i didn't expect were the earliest ones to wish and were the ones who wished most whole-heartedly. who'd have thunk it?

i'm not feeling particularly esctatic over turning 18. feeling rather melancholic, really. was searching through my tunes just now to find the correct songs to go with this 'mood', and ended up listening to fiona apple's 'paper bag' (insaneal, if u ever read this, can't thank u enough for enlightening me on the existence of this song), and also jon brion's genius eternal sunshine of the spotless mind soundtrack, plus the kings of convenience.perfect.

going out for breakfast with me mum in a few hours. very much looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE cayman islands!!!

feliz cumpleanos, hermana menor!

Only Kye said...

cayman islands by kings of convenience right? :)

hey ayang. happy birthday. i remember that 18 was the last birthday i actually looked forward to. not that i dread any birthdays, but they're just any other days now. :) enjoy it while it lasts!

as for who our music sources are... you know whenever it rains and you hear those frogs croaking in the drain? yeah... they scare me.

Anonymous said...

oo..u didnt expect me? wahah. aku berbangge jd org 1st. -juwa-