exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Random things i just felt like telling someone. Does your blog constitute as a someone?

Other movies i am anticipating to watch:
  • Stranger than fiction
  • mukhsin
My youtube is back to normal!don't know about you, but all this while i haven't been able to load any video, so now that it can load quickly again my youtube exploring fire has been ignited once more, heh.
I can't get enough of this particular video. More precisely, i can't get enough of the girl in the video's singing. the video itself is just plain, but man, her voice is beautiful!plus, she's singing this song by john mayer, if i'm not mistaken it wasn't included in any of the albums. awesome stuff. i watched/heard her sing it before i actually watched a clip of john mayer himself singing it, and to be frank, i think i like her singing better. listen.(you might have to turn up your volume a bit)



john mayer's music still thrills me. i've just recently found out that i like his song 'city love', from his first album, very, very much. oh, and i've also just found out out that the kings of convenience actually came to singapore last year in march and did a concert. Why didn't they stop by here?! well, back then i wasn't into them yet and probably wouldn't have wanted to go to their show anyway, but still.

on the day after i put up the post about movies, i came across the sitcom 'extras' on the bbce channel, i think it was channel 25. 'Extras' is the latest offering by ricky gervais, the same guy who starred in the original british 'the office'. Anyways, on this particular episode, who should guest-star but Daniel Radcliffe. Ironically, he seemed to be a better actor in 'extras' than in all the potter movies. he even made me snort(in a good way) at some parts.

i bought my father mitch albom's 'the five people you meet in heaven' as a present for his upcoming birthday.(i'm pretty sure dad doesn't read my blog, so i think i can mention this safely). is it any good? he really liked 'tuesdays with morrie', so another book by the same author couldn't hurt, could it?(actually it could, if the book doesn't turn out as good as the previous one, but nvm). Besides, there's a quote from Amy Tan at the back: 'This book is a gift to the soul'. Ha. Gift to the soul lagi tu. what more could be a better birthday present? I wasn't much of a fan of 'tuesdays with morrie' myself, (the pessimist in me was rolling her eyes through the whole book-same thing happens when she reads chicken soup or any other self-help book) but i think(hope) dad will like this one.

I used the remains of my duit raye to buy agatha christie's 'Poirot-the Complete Battles of Hastings, Volume 2', which comprises of 4 mysteries. I'm currently reading the 3rd one, and i must say, all 3 mysteries that i've read/am reading are all good. I'm not exactly the type to analyze and verify whether dame agatha provided believable plots or genuinely logical alibis, but i'll say that i am definitely entertained by her mysteries and am always intruiged to read until the last page. I also bought 'Back to the Future' cds , all three installations. Found it for 12 ringgit each at the times book fair. hurrah!

I was walking with my friend to class that day, when i saw someone waving wildly at me, and who should it be but Alif Ijud! surprise, surprise! all this while i thought either:
a)he was ignoring me or was too segan to acknowledge my presence
or ,
b)he didn't recognize me not wearing tudung sekolah putih or tudung prep hitam.
Guess i was wrong. He was in fact, quite friendly. That was cool. It's nice to bump into someone and find out that your former perceptions of him were actually quite mistaken, and you're glad that they are.

i am extremely happy for my friends who got accepted into their respective universities. A toast to new beginnings and new experiences in new places, cheers!

I never knew it would cost so much to take my AS exam.

I have to go do my homework. After spending some wonderfully therapeutic time typing out random stuff here, it's time to continue my(futile, i believe) attempts at balancing my accounts. Bah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous of u buying loads of books.
books are bloody expensivvveeeee!

maybe we can ajak aijud this week for the movie and he can belanja all of us makaaan. yeyeyeye.

P/s i saw lemi today.talking with some a level guy dunno whats his name.

A said...

ahah,nanners,(wakaka,i just LOVE saying it), i only bought two. books ARE expensive.

yeah2, jom ajak aijud skali!

mostlyepiphanies said...

nak tengok stranger than fiction!!
totally nak.interesting kan the concept?plus ade emma thompson.hehe.

ewah2 belanje.hehe.jom makan2 movie.

Anonymous said...

haha i told you alip ijod was so eager to meet you. he always asked me, " anna, mane ateqs ni?? x nampak2 pun." hahaha. well, sorry la dh berkurun baru comment. stranger than fiction? hmm sounds good. lately there's no real movie yang really catchy to watch.

A said...

aijud,any chance u'll be able to join us for stranger than fiction on sartuday?it would be great if u could, but if ur too busy packing n everything, then no problem if u can't.

anna, tak sangke alif ijod is that friendly! bagusnye. i think(harap2) stranger than fiction will be good. betulla, there's not really any other good movie to watch, not yet anyways.