exaggeration and tall tales galore

Friday, February 09, 2007

the tribute

In no particular order.


Diyana Izzati
My good college friend. you crack me up with your sound effects sometimes. and i love how we have a lot of things in common, as well as differences(such as our music tastes,heh). We've only known each other for half a year but in that short space of time i feel like my friendship with you is at a level it took 3 years for me to achieve with some people at school. My backup singing partner for many years to come, i hope.


Nani
My current movie partner. Nanner's, what can i say? I'm so frickin' glad you're here at sunway with me. You were the first person besides my family i actually talked about books with. my fellow debater, i often relied on you more often than you know, you were the backbone of our debate team. Just now, on the drive back home, when we were singing along to the radio, i realized that I'm gonna be frickin' sad when you go off to canada, even though it's still 6 months away.


Syahirah
My oldest friend i still hangout with. Thank you SO MUCH for trying hard to keep in touch with me, i'm so glad we, out of some miraculous fate, moved into houses near each other. Sorry i used to merajuk so much back in sekolah rendah when we used to play kat padang and walk off. I'm sorry i acted so immaturely.


Aijud
Despite the fact we went to the same school for 5 years, i don't think we're actually that acquainted with each other. we don't know each other well, and even just now, at the airport, i didn't know what to say or how to chat easily with you. But the thing is, despite all this, i feel like we've blog-bonded or something. I'm thrilled to get comments from u, and whenever i read your posts, I'm bombing with responses in my head. Maybe if i wasn't so shut-mouthed in school dulu i would have talked to you more and we'd have been proper friends.


Jia Yee
Hardworking friend. Did you know, you're my first non-malay friend since primary school? I like your sense of humour. With you, i don't feel awkward, and that is something rare for me. Your rajin-ness spurs me on to do my homework, you know? sorry i bug you all the time with questions. Chee chong fan!


Anna
I admire you tons you know? Ever since 2 jujur. I'm sorry i acted so distant mase mule2, it's one regret i think about from time to time. Back then i was sooooo tah pape la. aisy. Thank you for overlooking that and being my friend anyways. I will miss you more that you know when you go to aussie next week.


Ina and Asiah
argh..if you guys only knew how much i miss you. One of the greatest pleasures of my life was finding out that we get along together remarkably well. Trio ceria, remember? I didn't just laugh with you guys, i cried with korang as well. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH, and i'm not saying it insincerely like how most people just toss that line in a testi ke ape. I mean it. I miss sitting beside you guys in class. I miss lepak-ing kat dorm asiah. I wish we weren't drifting apart right now.


Sal.
Ah, sal. we've been through a lot, actually. i'm glad we're friends. Thanks for everything nice you've done for me.


Juwa.
i remember the first time i chatted with you. I was amazed at how we got along! I enjoyed chatting with you SO MUCH juwa, and i still do! And kolah yang ajar aku how to eat everything with cili sauce, and even though i was sad dulu mase first2 turun dari kelas 5 Bakti masuk 5 Ehsan, i truly saw the hikmah later on, because i made friends with you and milah.


Hani Hazman and Shao Min
Hani!my wicked(as in cool) fashion and vocabulary master(or should it be mistress?) You're one of the few i can actually ask about old movies and music. You are most definitely the only person i know who has clips from 'a streetcar named desire' in her ipod. I wish we were closer. And shao, you're my bookclub partner! thanx for the many recommendations and updates on books and reviews. i adore your sense of humour and go green with envy at the fact you get along great with EVERYONE.


Kak dila.
i wish you'd read this and for God's sake, call me la wei. even though we haven't talked for so long, i still think of you and i miss you like crazy, despite being angry at you for not contacting me. i miss laughing with you!



It's hard to express gratitude or affection towards the people you know. especially in malaysian society, where any attempts at doing so usually end up in awkward moments and prolonged silences. The norm nowdays for teenagers to acknowledge their friends' importance to them(if they bother to do so at all) is by forwarding them cute 'meaningful' testimonials or text messages. Some people take sentences like 'i miss you' and 'nice to be your friend' for granted and just toss them into whatever testi they give to whoever. In other words, it's hard to tell sincerity from fake courtesy.

Well, this is for the people that genuinely make me smile. Now you know that with you, i'm not giving fake courtesy.

Aww, crap, i'm getting all sentimental.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, im soo touched. thanks. the truth is, i don't really remember what happens between you n me in 2jujur. but i really have great time with you. and thanx. i love to remember the side of yours yang chirpy and happy cam sal and the expresions and the cara ko cakap english. hehe i think ill remeber that for-EVER. :p

mostlyepiphanies said...

aww ateqs,i definitely wished the same things too!!seriously,i mean we sorta clicked but we sorta don't.so that makes it all ackward and weird.hehe

But still,im very,very (this is supposed to be itallic) happy and grateful you came to the airport,and i guess being at the airport watching one of your friends leave for a foreign country does make you sentimental (a wee bit,if not much).

Coz thats how i felt earlier.

Im in sydney already!I can't believe it.the mere thought of it is still sinking in.hehe

Keep on blogging ya blog pal!,you rock big time!!

Anonymous said...

now im speechless..

huhuh.

thanx ateqs 4 appreciating me.. im so touched..

chatting wit u- menghilangkan 50% kebusanan aku kat umah time cuti after spm dulu.

hahah.. the rest percents 2 lebey kepade tdo yg x terkawal,

haha.. its a great thing to noe u pal.

-juwa-

A said...

anna, thanx,that meant a lot to me! i'm soooooo sorry i wasn't there to see you off, i REALLY wanted to come. hope you had a good flight, enjoy melbourne!

aijud, no problem, it was my pleasure to see you off. yea la, seeing you n tiya about to leave got the sentimentality all stirred up. did you cry mase you were about to go? tell the truth now ;)how's sydney?aisy, i can't believe i'm typing this to you, who's on another continent! it seems like baru hari tu i was waving to you in the lift kat sunway.

juwa, thank YOU for having me as a friend. wakaka, kalau kite tak chat mase time lepas spm tu agak2 tidur ko jadi tak terkawal langsung la ek?heh,kidding. it's a great thing to know u too buddy!

Anonymous said...

hey how about me??? NOT!!!!, we never knew each other

Anonymous said...

oh ateqs i forgot one thing.

since im studying in medic course.. so kene la ks nasihat ala2 doc yg bertauliah.

bout e 'sos cili', dun eat it TOO MUCH.

nanti kene buasir yang mengazabkan.

okai now im regretting 4 wut i had taught u;

to eat cili sos itu wit every meal including biskut jacob.

hihi.

-juwa-

A said...

dexter, if you're nine(which i'm guessing you are), i actually wrote a few lines for you too orginally. but then i removed it sebab bak kate ko, 'we never knew each other'. besides, ko mane reti handle bende2 sentimental ni kan?

juwa,wakaka, betul ke? boleh kene buasir yang mengazabkan?hoh. oklah,i won't take THAT much cili sos. tapi kalau makan tuna or nasi goreng i HAVE to have it. boring gile kalau takde!

Anonymous said...

atiqah....i m so touched when u mention my name in ur blog...praising how good m i ....:-) really appreciates ur effort..hehe...take care during da hols n dun miss me lar...:-P

-jiayee-

Anonymous said...

i have watched little miss sunshine.

the movie is very natural in describing the journey of a very dysfunctional family going on a journey for a kiddy beauty pageant.

good movie, but not that great as hyped.

ok, im talking about this because u seem to like my role as ur movie partner and i'm just continuing the role so u can like me even more and get u post more tribute on your blog.eheh.


thanks ateqs, i like watching weird movies with you too.i'm not a big fan of dvd's.
cinema is the way to go.

A said...

jia yee, i give you tribute through my blog, u give me la tribute through ang pau? ;) kidding. enjoy the rest of the holidays!

nani,i watched it too!finally got the dvd. i thought it was quite nice. ur right, it portrayed a dysfunctional family quite well. the ending was a bit abrupt for me, but i like it nonetheless. great soundtrack too.

Anonymous said...

If only i could give testimonials to my friends just like you did. How can I, if I dont have any good friends? You're so lucky Mayang.