exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

crazy awesome

Aiyaiyaiyaiyai.

the word above started off as aiya, then morphed into aiyaiyaiyaiyai. Prolong the lamentation.

I am attempting to do this question, and apparently the way i tried to answer before studying the topic and after i've supposedly studied it is not only wrong on both accounts, it's exactly the same. In fact, i just checked the answer scheme online, and i didn't even tackle the question correctly. i mean, my methods were wrong right from the beginning.

oy.

The fact that my roomate is the queen of hardcore-studying isn't helping either. Jia Yee is hard-working,yo. Hardworking GILE('gile' in caps for full effect). If Jia Yee is an ant in terms of kerajinan, i'm a sloth. If she's a bee in terms of perseverance and excellent work ethics, i'm a sloth. If she's the rajin-est person in uni, i'm still a sloth. A sloth wearing glasses and a selebet blue jumper.

***

Heh.heh.

Why am i heh-heh-ing, you may wonder?(or not wonder,whatever). I am heh-heh-ing because I got my Kings of Leon album(the Because of the Times one), even though i was supposed to wait after exam. Hooray. I am not cheating! This is not wrong! Rather than an incentive, it is now a morale-booster. yeah.

And what a moral-booster it is. I have officially inducted it into my favourite albums list. I know no one would care for an album review, but let me just give a quick mention about two songs.

The Runner-when listening to this, it reminds me of a country song and a lullaby at the same time. It's all soft, punctured by mini build-ups, and i love the background vocals(which is only a tiny bit, mind you), because it seems to give the song this sort of dreamy quality. Every time i listen to it, it gets better.

Trunk-This song starts soft as well, and the tone of the song sorta has this...i don't know, dangerous, dare i say even sexy quality to it, but then it flips over into this pretty, sweet interval, and once again, for me, the background vocals just give it this extra layer(ape bende aku cakap ni?i wish i could convey this properly),which i dig. who knew that a 'wooo' could make so much difference.

yay. I'm too sleepy to muster more enthusiasm, but i am happeeeeyh.

i will launch a fresh attack on the QM1 question tomorrow.

oh, wait a minute. we're supposed to be buddies now.lupe.

3 comments:

mostlyepiphanies said...

Hehe! I think its okay! Hey, an incentive turned into a moral booster, which isn't even a bad thing!

And, the album turned out as great as you expected, or even more so! Double happy!

Happy studying! May we both get through exams A-okay.

A said...

double happy,haha. definitely.

nasib baik you think it's ok. so when my mom admonishes me for getting it even though i'm supposed to be studying i can refer to you as my backup.("betul mom, students nowadays need moral boosters. tak percaye tanye my friend aijud").

Anonymous said...

haiyyoyaoyaoayoaiyo.

i am too free. camane neh? ( saje je nak spite you off? haha)

i love selfish jeans. try battleship and closer by travis too.
anyway, good luck with ur finals, and stay best buddies with QM 1.

kings of leon sounds a bit like radiohead with a southern drawl, so i might as well try them