exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pitter-patter

1. Do you think the guitarists that play in Miley Cyrus's backup band are happy?

2. When we went back to kampung, we saw a goat tethered to a tree in front of my uncle's house. A black goat with brown wool, if you please. My siblings christened it Woolly and tried to make friends with it(to no avail). Then it turns out that Woolly was the goat destined to be slaughtered for the aqiqah my aunt was having for her newborn daughter. So, yes. We ate Woolly.

3. Today after line dancing one of the ladies asked my mother how to pronounced her name. (Rodziah). Then she points to me, asking my mom, "itu anak nama siapa? Small Rodziah?". I thought that was pretty hilarious.

4. Did you know that the producers initially wanted Reese Witherspoon to play Marla in Fightclub?

5. Kakak was playing one of her songs in the car that had a lyrics that went what's a wonderwall anyway?, which struck me as a very excellent question. What is a wonderwall?

hey,hey. it's raining. jom tido.

3 comments:

Only Kye said...

i believe you were listening to travis's writing to reach you! good for kakak.

i like the part he goes, 'because my inside is outside, and my right side's on the left side, cuz i'm writing to reach you, though i might never reach you.'

oh and in case kakak doesn't tell you, you should listen to travis's (or rather, fran healy's) rendition of 'i kissed a girl'

Atiqah said...

ah, yes!I can't believe I didn't recognize it was travis.

I looked up I kissed A Girl, and one clip showed them playing it in Norway and Fran had the lyrics taped up to the mike in front of him, haha. I thought it was very sporting of them to cover the song.

Anonymous said...

small rodziahh!!!!

actually when i was a kid , i used to call my mom KiAHHHH!! ( zakiah, because all my aunts and uncles call her that )