exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tell me where did you not see the signs?

Becky spies on Mr. Bunny

One thing I like about Channel V is the decent airplay time they provide for regional acts and their efforts to promote said acts. Thanks to them, I've got my eye set on two bands, the first being Electrico, who come from Singapore. Check out their song Hail to the Friends, it has this nice touch at the end where trumpets(horns?) are thrown it.

Lencongan: I think trumpets/horns are brilliant. While I don't have the desire to play it myself, I find that they add a superb additional layer to a song, or help define the song's crescendo. Think John Mayer's I Don't Trust Myself With Loving You, Fake Empire by The National(this one is particularly awesome), and Postcards From Italy by Beirut. Have trumpets/horns ever let us down? NO.

The second band I've had the good fortune to come across(they're already pretty big but I'm ketinggalan as usual) is Up Dharma Down, from the Philippines. I actually just came across them today, so I haven't found out much, but I'm listening to Every First Second, and I must proclaim here that I am totally feeling it. Singer Armi Millare has a smashing voice. If I were to describe the song, I'd say it sounds dangerous, intense, sexy, slightly sad. To me anyway.

Whee. I'm so happy there's good music everywhere.

***

I am very envious of people who take good photos. And people who can doodle beautifully in their Moleskine notebooks.

Lencongan kedua: Back when I first heard it until quite recently, I used to think Moleskine notebooks were actually mole-skin notebooks. As in, they were made out of the skin of this animal:

Morbid, yes.

Alamak, after typing and deleting the paragraph that was to come here over a dozen times, I am now just too sleepy to actually finish it.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no idea what is moleskin notebook.

becky dah besar!

Afnan (^_^) said...

wah! comelnya becky!!!dia ada ank ke?
come to think of it,u hv lots of pets can? if i'm not mistaken- rabbit,parrot,cat...bestnya!!!

love john mayer's songs! their lyrics r meaningful...

wut is moleskin notebook? dun hv any clue bout it T_T apakata anda letakkan gbr notebook itu di blog anda? :D

chipsmiley said...

haha. tu ke becky yg nak dnamakan tun teja? nmpk dia sgt gerun ngan rabbit tuh. pape pon, both look cute t0gether. :D

Kero Ong said...

hahaha yes i was shocked when i first heard the word 'moleskine notebook' d: but yeah, i now want an accordion notebook! probably going to make one myself though, tak sanggup pay so much to buy one.

ehehehe becky is so cute. *sayangs*