exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Suki

The bundle of goodies that have been keeping me sane:

1. Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor, You Don't Know Me At All. Echoing a comment on youtube, Regina Spektor's vocals really tie up the song very nicely.

2. Michael Mcyintyre's standup comedy performance live at the Apollo.

3. Rowan Atkinson.


4. Whitest Boy Alive, Burning. I don't know why it never occurred to me to check out Erlend Oye's other projects. The more I listen, the more awesome it is.

5. Memories of the brazilian dance party with Kelly and good company at Czech House last weekend. One of the best times I've had in Melbourne, I think. Read her take on it, and if you're in the city, come join us the next time we go. Often while I'm staring at some obscure formula for calculating the risk of a portfolio, I find myself thinking of it. What tickles me so is the fact I was twirling around. Twirling around! and not in the usual, oops-losing-balance-nak-terjatuh way, in a proper, I'm-following-a-guy-leading-me-dancing way. It was highly reminiscent of the time I was watching people swing-dancing for the first time, except this time I was actually dancing myself! Such a high, such a high.

6. A book to read. I haven't read a new book in what seems like a very long time, so I loped off to the library to get one just now, and I it took me forever to pick it out. I wanted something light, (hi chick lit), but not stupid(bye chick lit), something quirky, something with a happy ending, something poignant. In the end I got an Agatha Christie mystery(my literati equivalent to comfort food), and Big Fish.

I want a banana split. With 3 different ice cream flavors, double the amount of bananas, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, shards of wafers stuck in.

I want home. I want my family.

There's this certain amount of frustration I have right now, and I find that I'm not quite capable of putting it in words. It's a culmination of frustration for a number of things, for my lack of confidence in doing the finance test, my dismal resume, the sketchy notion that I don't have what it takes to face interviews and impress employers, scholarship application rejections for the nth time, stupid mood-swings, my affairs with Allah, my cash flows, my lease transfer, my zits, my books and files all piled up messily on the floor, my eating habits and in short, me.

But it's okay. I'm going grocery shopping today, so that should be a mood-lifter. I want to buy croissants.

2 comments:

Afnan (^_^) said...

ATEQS! hehe,wow u did a swing-dance! bestnya!!! i wish i could do it someday :P

let out your frustrations ateqs! or else it will accumulate and u'll burst like a volcano! a good scream will do :D

yeah, i miss my family and home too! :(

enjoy ur day ateqs! n enjoy d croissants! =)

A said...

AFNAN!haha. yes, i did a little bit of swing-dancing, it's super fun! you should try,heh.

yes, i got the same advice from a friend to let out my steam rather than let it build-up. It's good advice i ought to practice, and I hope I do.

you always say such kind words :) hope you have a lovely day yourself!