exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, November 01, 2009

I have to go get groceries

My compensation for studying as of late has been videos of korean boybands.

Betul.

Despite the demise of the boyband in negara-negara matsalleh(or its evolution to the Jonas Brothers), it has been perfectly preserved in South Korea. I mean, we're talking about the traditional formula here:

Good looking guys(or disturbingly pretty, depending on your view) + catchy pop tunes + dancing + videos with close-ups of them singing with emotional faces = bunch of fangirls squealing

South Korean boybands are wonderfully unapologetic about it, the boys are all so pretty(nampak macam semua baru hit puberty, but withouts zits. No body hair to be seen!) utterly metrosexual, good dancers(I now appreciate the intricacies of good blocking), and they have a tendency to go for band names in the form of letters.

How can I not be cheered up watching them?!

So if I don't do well for this exam, you know why. I was too busy watching hairless boys singing and dancing simultaneously.

6 comments:

whilewhiting said...

im totally infected too! super junior ftw!

gl exams~

mostlyepiphanies said...

HAHAHAHA!

f at i n said...

haha

DBSK ftw! but no Korea activities because of the lawsuit..so THSK ftw! a top group indeed in japan.

the three of us said...

holy fuck i am going through the same thing. hahahaha. all these damn koreans d:

which groups are you into now 8D

Diyana said...

hey atiqah mokhtar!!
haha your post got my attention. my close friend here in manchester is a korean...so mmg boleh connect dgn post anda haha~~ our post is funny but true lol


p/s: missing you badly, and yes I dah ada internet dah, skype soon? :D

A said...

anna: I love super junior! Aku tak sangka boyband boleh ada 13 orang.

aijud: it's true, korean boybands are addictive! Tapi skarang my internet dah habis, so I can't watch anymore of them videos. Boo. maybe that's why I've resorted to emo exam posts.

fatin: hahaha, korean boyband sifu!

kero: hahahahaha, you too? damn. DBSK is a must, but I don't think I really like any other of their songs besides Mirotic. For some reason I have a soft spot for Shinee, and I don't like Big Bang. Besides that, I is novice, and I is needing recommendations!

Diyana!:hahahaha, glad you could sympathise with my boyband addiction. yay, you have the internet again! my exams start in a couple days, though(GAAAAH), so nanti we'll do it once i'm not so serabut, ok?