exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

hi

Hark at me being all religiously confounded and shit.

I need some new music man, because I have seriously overplayed most of the songs in my music player, which weren't that many to begin with. I need new songs to adore. My sister is of course a reliable source, but lately she's taken to mumbly french music, which, while very sophisticated and cool(somehow anything french automatically gets two extra notches on the bedpost of coolness), doesn't appeal much to me. K-pop is all very fun and bouncy when you're watching their music videos, but I don't think it's as much fun to just listen to the songs over my headphones.

I was reminded of Placebo's Song to say Goodbye a few days ago, though, and it gives me tingles. The opening lyrics are dynamite, it is hate and bitterness and venom and exactly how I feel sometimes.

You are one of God's mistakes,
You crying, tragic waste of skin.


Does it ever occur to you to start doing a sexy dance whenever you listen to Muse's Time is Running Out? Sort of like the video but without the army uniforms. I do. Whenever the song comes on, I think 'OOOH, this song is perfect for a sexy dance', and I say the term "sexy dance" like how Jermaine says it in Business Time, and then I mentally start stripping or pole-dancing or whatnot.

Pop pleasure of the week: Cheryl Cole featuring Will.i.am., 3 Words. I like it, simplistic lyrics and will.i.am's tendency to spell things and all. I like how it starts with those repetitive notes, and how the beats pile up in layers, die down and then start up again. It makes me want to be all floaty and move in slow motion with a melancholic face (very much like the japanese music video) one second, and break out dancing the next.

bye.

4 comments:

Aki said...

Fuh, you should be in the music industry. I like music, but too lazy to search for new ones (I overplay my playlist a LOT) and I don't usually understand or appreciate beats etc the way you do =p

Only Kye said...

I just started listening to Metric a few months ago-- I think Shaz liked them a bit too?

Try Help, I'm Alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbCFiqgmlE

Al said...

charlotte gainsbourg's new stuff ain't too shabby.was that you i spotted just now,looking up & in glasses?

vision blurry,so if not,pardon me.

got my KOC ticket,can't wait :)

Atiqah said...

aki:such nice words! Thank you, but I am undeserving. My appreciation for music is superficial compared to other people.

kye: Thank you for the recommendation. Yes, kakak introduced them to me some time back, and I do like them. I hadn't heard Help, I'm Alive yet though, so thank you for that!

Al:Charlotte Gainsbourg? Ooh la la.

Unless you were stuck in a conference room somewhere in sri kembangan,I can't see how it could be me.

GAH! My sister just got her ticket too. How I envy you people.