exaggeration and tall tales galore

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ouch

1. Woke up this morning feeling scared. Then somehow it flipped over and I was singing along to Laura Marling and SNSD while taking down posters from my wall.

2. YESTERDAY WAS MY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY! As we all know, I think my sister's pretty rad. In lieu of giving a present(because I'm broke like that), I tend to commemorate her birthday on the blog via really bad poetry(oklah, baru sekali je pernah buat, but maybe I'll make it an annual thing. The horror!)

The time has come
the walrus said
For me to do The Annual Tribute.
Where I say things and tell the tales
the world cannot refute.

About the girl who joined the world
In August of '85.
The girl whose torment of how many years
I commendably have survived.

But yes! She isn't always nice
She can be mean, and that's a fact.
Or maybe I'm just being dengki here
'Cause until now, she can't get fat.
(Whereas I can eat empty air
and end up like an obese cat).

Anyway.

She tells me that I drive so slow
"Like a makcik", I think she said.
And the time she said my cake was ugly
I wanted to bash her in the head.
(Sorry for the aggressive sentiments
But with baking I see red).

There was one time(and recently too!)
where we fought while I was driving.
Other drivers must have been perplexed
to see these two girls crying.

And we've been emailing each other less this year,
a fact that fills me with rue
But despite these things, I'm sure you know
That of course, I still miss you!

That I'd rather be bursting into your room
And crash-landing on your bed with glee.
And instead of being poor
I'd rather ask you to belanja me.

I'd rather be home,complaining you're slow
While helping mom make chicken pie.
And I'd rather be making you laugh at my jokes
Than typing all of this with a sigh.

Happy birthday kakak!You are still awesome,
I know that this is true.
And I couldn't think up two more lines for this verse
My poem is a failure, boo.

May you be blessed and graced
With all the things that make you happy.
And now I'll stop before things get
Unbearably sappy.

Joyeux Anniversaire!

Ok nak pergi buat tutorial bye.

2 comments:

kelly said...

i always love your "bad" poems

don't know why you call 'em bad
i think they're pretty rad
oh wee look at me
you turned me into the bard you see

LOL

do extend the birthday wishes to your kakak :)

Atiqah said...

Kelly Shakespeare, I like!!!! Ok2, pantun balasan:

My poems, not rad..
but sadly
just ridiculous.

HAIKU STYLE!hahahaha