exaggeration and tall tales galore

Saturday, March 10, 2007

sparks

Taking my cue from Aijud,(hark the orange blog!), i decided it was time to change the colours for my own blog. Hope it actually looks ok, i'm quite crappy when it comes to matching colours nicely. Yet another awesome way to waste time.

my ideas for blogging, if before were quite abundant and ever flowing(i had lotsa stuff to babble about,heh), are now gradually drying up. I find that any idea for a post seems either too self-centred, petty, artificial, or just plain stupid. I want to blog, but dread thinking up the content.

In fact, i'm currently starting to detest practically anything i write. Whether it's for my blog or for GP class(bagi yg tak tahu, GP class is considered my english class. We don't learn normal stuff like grammar or comprehension or whatnot, but instead we discuss current issues and write essays), i teeter precariously towards hate whenever i (reluctantly) read over what i've written.

I absolutely DID NOT want to read the essays i had written for a recent GP test, and with good reason, i tell you. Every sentence seems immature, unlearned, and sometimes even pathetic. Aisy. I'm supposed to be constructing clear sentences that are concise, knowledgeable, and straight to the point. I'm supposed to write like an A level student.

I'm still writing like a high school student. I still crap around on a point for 10 sentences when i could have explained it with just one.

Back in sekolah menengah, i was quite confident(ahem, vanity alert,sorry) with my writing. Not saying my essays were spectacular ke ape la, but i was pretty sure my compositions met the requirements for getting an A.

But here in college, it's a whole different ballgame. and i keep striking out. or i hit the ball but can't run fast enough to get to first base safely(my ballgames take on the form of baseball :P).Suddenly my writing skills are just not adequate enough. And i'm TRYING to improve with each test, but i still can't seem to be able to think and express logical evaluations for the topic i'm writing on!It's frustrating, oh yes it is. I've yet to get an A for GP. Bloody hell. How come kakak could get an A? wait, don't answer that.

Aisy. pushing that aside, i went to a birthday get together today. it was fun :) i won't babble about it much, but it involved birthday boy being dragged by the shirt(as he pulled on someone ELSE'S shirt in an unsuccessful attempt to save himself) and pushed into the pool. priceless.

Music recommendations(for all the imaginary people who actually take heed of my suggestions):
1. the stills - of montreal. Love the beat and the guitars. Lyrics make no sense at all.
2. cold war kids - hang me up to dry. the video was featured on youtube, maybe it's still there. the singer's voice rests on a fine line between uniquness and just plain screeching when it hits the high parts, u decide. The bass line is addictive, even though it's just a couple of notes.
3.coldplay - sparks. for good ol' beautiful, sad music.

And for a little bit of nostalgic cheer:

3 comments:

aman23 said...

GP, GP, GP. I've never got an A for it too. :(

A said...

cheer up aman. none of us have, except maybe Parth :p i wouldn't mind if GP classes just consisted of dvd-watching like just now.

it was pretty freaky to see the mcd fries remaining exactly the same for 10 weeks. 10 weeks!It's practically not food, just some piece of edible plastic.

Anonymous said...

ateqs,

ur greater 10 times than me.

if i take gp test or wuteva it is called, xtau level mane aku dpt..hoho.

btw, indon will be my place, so no need 2 worry much..haha.

nice blue ateqs.

-juwa-