exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, June 17, 2007

no tomorrow

prom. fuh.

i thought it would be too predictable to talk about graduation night, but i might as well jot down some significant stuff about it here as a momento.

Prep for graduation night started off with me feeling happy and touched that my mom doted on me, helping me out. my mom really went all out, taking me on a dress-hunt, trip to the hair-dressers, doing my make-up.

i've never been to a proper social event among peers, (well, the f3 and f5 dinners might count, but efforts and enthusiasm and returns for those were mostly half-hearted), so this was quite an event. i mean, this time a lot of thinking and vain pondering actually went into getting dressed for it. ha-ha. wore a dress for the first time in a looooong time. the thing that really tickled me was the fact that my dress has the type of skirt that twirls around nicely when you spin. couldn't stop twirling around when i tried it on.

ooh, but before that, i went to the hairdressers. thoughts that ran through my mind while sitting in the salon chair:
woh,sedapnye rase the shampoo on the scalp, it's cold.how convenient that they don't need to wet our hair first, just lather on the scalp terus. ow,ow,OW!this lady tak potong kuku ke, SAKITNYE!SHE'S SCARRING MY SCALP!this is just like that part in 'Memoirs of A Geisha', when she goes to the haridressers to get the apprentice hairstyle for the first time. how did she put it? 'it felt like he was using a hoe on my scalp', or something like that. must blog about this. warn people to beware of this shampoo-in-salon-thingie. since when ah hair-stylists decided to massage their clients skali when shampooing their hair?sedapnye massage around the temples. haha,haha, geli,GELI! stop trying to massage me around my shoulders and neck, it bloody tickles!

and yeah, it went like that for a while as she rinsed out my hair, but then got it all settled. for some reason, i don't know if it was the shampoo or the effect of the straightening iron or both, but my hair(even now), smells to me a bit like maple syrup on pancakes.

The night itself kicked off with me coo-ing over everyone else and how fab they looked. seriously, it was like hotness prevailed and everyone just looked hot and dashing and whatever other flattering comments. every few seconds i'd go like 'ah!lawanye!', and 'woh,smart gile wei',and the likes.

there was dancing after the official ceremony was over. dancing. wow. i am not ashamed to admit that i was completely jakun about this because there was no dancing in semashur(God forbid), and i am not a clubber/raver, so it kind of awed me to think that i oould dance in public, and not in my room with the door locked.

so did i dance?hell yeah. after the initial awkward jiggling around trying not to be self-concious, Bo Eui managed to entice my inner wade-robson-wannabe, and we started grooving along.

*disclaimer:if anyone from college who reads this happened to notice me on stage or on the floor prancing about attempting to dance(but probably failing), you now understand why i did it so badly. i'm a dance novice. an ulu yam one at that).

seeing the crowd of a-level people dancing(there was a dj, and the lights were red/yellow/blinking floodlights) gave me a general idea of what it must be like in a club or at a rave. and, trying it out for myself, it's easy to see why people enjoy it. and it's also easy to see how people can just so easily forget about everything else, or lupe diri, or whatever. it's intoxicating, actually. when there's a good beat on, it just brings out this energy and you can't help but sway along and be part of it. and, dancing to a good beat surrounded by your friends is just plain fun.

no, i won't start going on dancing rampages anywhere, so actually having the experience to do it for the first and probably last time was great. great. part of me thinks, 'oh God, i actually bloody DANCED, what's happening to me?', but i now realize that it's just dancing. with friends, and with no intention except to celebrate the finish of AS and the company of a-level people. i had fun. I HAD FUN!it feels so good to say that.

note to self:just forget the flash when taking pictures.

kudos to the freaks and chicks for great band performance. you guys rocked. in fact, practially all performances were satisfactory, for me at least.

one of my favourite pics with my favourite lovely amies:


pendek kate, it was fun. i wouldn't have had it any other way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...atiqah u were so 'hot' yesterday.....luv ur dress....hope tat u will alwiz be like yesterday...hehe...

jessica..:-)

A said...

haha,jessica!u were super-duper hot too. if u had taken off your scarf, u would have been triple hot, hee hee :D no lah, i don't think can maintain that kind of hotness everyday :P anyways, i had a really good time with you guys that night, hope we can do something like that again someday :)

Anonymous said...

ITs nice to hear that you had fun/. That's good. Yeah you should maintain your appearance, that could probably make you feel confident. I wish I could see u in that dress. You never wear makup when you go out. Why dont you try it on sometime? and dont give me excuses like maluu and such. heh.

MUm told me that wearing makeup makes her feel better in life. She wont feel too old, and it makes her day.

A said...

hey, i wear make-up what. bedak and eye-liner kire make-up la. or maybe not,haha.

mane ade malu.i'm a ferocious femme fatale. bring on the makeup, man.

it makes perfect sense that makeup can increase self-confidence. i mean, if it makes you look good, you feel good, right?