exaggeration and tall tales galore

Monday, October 15, 2007

sugar we're going down swinging


My favourite cousin Syefik(yes syefik, u ARE my favourite, jangan terharu sangat :P) took this pic, and i must say, it sums up PERFECTLY how i've been spending the last few days. Observe:

1. Positioned at the computer. i've been constantly checking my emails obsessively and reading blogs. spending more time at the computer than needed.
2. Mug of cofee on the table. Two cups a day, one for breakfast, another one at night.
3. Pencilbox and papers. props used so i can keep up the illusion that i'm studying.
4. Slumped posture. the mark of a bona-fide procrastinator and budak malas.
5. fingers toying with hair. hmm. i myself have no idea what's up with that.
6. new pajama shorts. woot!

I have a feeling i'm not worrying about my exams as much as i should be. nor am I getting ready for the interview. i know i SHOULD be, and by right be busy with the preperations and all, but all of a sudden i'm thinkng 'feck it'. there's no use trying to pretend i know everything there is to know about sub-prime loans if i don't, right? i will be myself, and in this short space of time i will do what i can to improve my knowledge, but if they don't like me, then it just wasn't meant to be.

ceh, confidentnye. tak tahan.

Happy thoughts. you know what i'd like to be doing?. going crazy listening to kick-ass music on a beach or under trees somewhere. or going on a dancing rampage with Bo Eui and the rest of my awesome classmates. and i'd like to be getting the batman t-shirt i plan to buy as a follow-up to the superman one. and i want to go up to the person(s) i may or may not be having a crush on, and say 'hey, i think you're swell, but i'm seriously tired of waiting for you to notice me and think i'm awesome, so here's to me getting all this off my chest and just not wondering for a change. cheers!'. and i want to be laughing, belly-hurting-tear-inducing laughing.

all of a sudden i'm 19 and have so much to live for, even in this quiet room in the dead of the night in front of a computer.

and then i'm back to looking at the econs notes in front of me and remembering i have a lot of studying to do. shit. ah well. magic never lasts, and isn't even real to begin with.

i know, i know. i sound like i'm on weed or something.

12 comments:

aman23 said...

mine, similar to yours. minus the coffee. and the fingers toying with hair. replace pajama shorts with boxer shorts, and you have an Aman. haha ;p

A said...

it just goes to show the effects of cambridge alevel exams on youths today--->we become shorts-wearing, computer-hogging zombies, haha.

mostlyepiphanies said...

love this post in all its randomness!
I too have exams coming up,expectations to fulfill,people to please and many other shit.

But somehow amidst all this,I feel like sitting here in front of the laptop,download music that I never considered listening to before,play it on shuffle non-stop and be wild.

For a while,before the reality of having to go about with life sinks in yet again.

One more random thing,I feel like getting in a vintage car with an awesome travel companion,listen to trashy/indie/folk music and drive.For the longest time.Of course,I wouldn't be the one doing the driving.

But this dream seems all too made-for-movie moment that it seems at odds end;impossible.

A said...

yes!yes!that's exactly what i've been trying to convey. that temporary sense of freedom and let-down-ur-hair-n-go-crazy vibe that i'm miraculously feeling despite all the work needed to be done. but yeah, the downside is when reality sinks in again. gah. buat slack je.

ooh, that DOES sound bloody appealing though. getting into a mustang or camaro(or maybe even an old proton or something, jadilah :p) or whatever and going on a road trip. with the windows rolled down and lotsa road trip junk food, please. who knows aijud? maybe it CAN come true :D

Aki said...

Hey, go ahead and tell that guy exactly what you wrote on your blog. I'm so sick of playing passive and batting my eye lids at him just to make him notice, sometimes it's good to just go ahead and tell him.

aman23 said...

my idea of a road trip is scorching the Sepang International Circuit on a Ferrari. or my Satria Neo pun jadilah. :p

I still remember when I first had a decent conversation with you, last year Williams, when you scolded me for weaving in and out of traffic while convoying. :p

ooh, the things I dream to do once all this crap is over..

aman23 said...

oh yea, song recommendations time!

Pink Floyd :D
- Time
- Comfortably Numb
- Hey You
- Wish You Were Here
- Coming Back to Life
- Us and Them
- Another Brick in the Wall

try 'em out if you want something different! and I mean, different!
get the live versions if you can find 'em :)

A said...

aki:haha, actually going up to that person and telling in real life will take up a lot more courage then just typing it here. and also there's the fact i'm not even sure if this is a proper crush to begin with. it's more of an undefined feeling rather than a crush, if you get what i mean.

aman:lol, frankly, i don't think it was a conversation, it was just me screeching 'aman dangerousnye u drive!!'. we haven't HAD a really decent conversation yet, i think, just snippets here and there. must repair this situation nanti :)

and yes, thanx for the recommendations!u know, i've always wanted to listen to all the bands that became legends, like The Who, or Led zeppelin, and ac/dc, but i don't actually go around looking up their music. sebab malas, i presume. but ur suggestions prompted me to hear pink floyd though, so yay for that!:D i like 'wish you were here', it's pretty. i wouldn't say i've become a pink floyd fan, but it's good to know their stuff.

aman23 said...

wish you were here is a little overrated imo, but the list i gave you are the best songs to me so far. just got their whole discography worth 1.2gb, haven't got to time to run through everything :p

and pink floyd is an acquired taste, it took me some time to get hooked :) but the live ones are much much more beautiful than the studio ones. bump me online and i'll pass you the live ones :)

and yes that oughtta be remedied :D

Anonymous said...

Why shouldnt I be too excited, Im flattened ... being appreciated is a pleasure. Thank you very much. Guess what, I just finished my Accounts paper and im so glad that it's over,,,,,

I dont remember when i took that photo of you infront of the computer. Then again, being appreciated is a pleasure...

Aki said...

Fik Fik dipenyekkan yea hehe

Anonymous said...

excuse me Kak Neesha! It's flattered...