exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

beberapa gambar

all pictures courtesy of my dad. the only one rajin enough to wield the camera tirelessly.

these are from rome(I hope you like these, aijud! go to rome!)

Colosseum

Ruins(durr). See the aquaduct?

The tribute monument to Vittorio Emmanuel II! I know the pic doesn't really do the building justice, but spot the the goddess on the chariot at the top!

Behold, the girl trying to get a piece of food stuck to her teeth out with her tongue or something. and the buffoon chomping pizza. (guess what the topping was. potatoes!yergh. not a good combination, in my opinion).
Trevi fountain.
Spanish steps, baby.
another picture of me unattractively stuffing myself while my sister does a face. gotta love/hate/find it irritatingly amusing.
St Peter's Square
Pompei! And that, my friend, is the volcano Mount Vesuvius that buried the place. Last errupted in 1944.

More next time. and some london pics.

I'm back to melbourne tomorrow.

I think i need to perk up. yesterday before falling asleep, i was thinking of calling up the Befrienders, for God's sake.

This year's love had better last
Heaven knows it's high time
I've been waiting on my own too long

Won't you kiss me
On that midnight street
Sweep me off my feet
Singing "ain't this life so sweet"

This year's love had better last.

excerpts from David Gray's This Year's Love. Haiya. whack me on the head with the sentimental shovel, why don't you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo mama!!!!!!!!!!!! nice pictures!!.... bye bye yo mama!!

fariza azwa muhibah said...

aaa..ateqs. they are really beautiful pictures!
nice trip ye? oh jelesnye saye. one day nnti if duit aku da menimbun smpai everest baru aku nk pegi rome.
or will it be on my honeymoon? haha.

Al said...

i feel like putting on a thinker's hat & writing poetic verses about unfound love on recycled paper just from looking at these pictures.Oh atiqah,you make me feel so...cultured.

midnight psychobabble,tummy growl-oh,cue to snack.

have a safe flight:)

A said...

hahahaha, thanx syefik.

juwa: fuyo, dah fikir pasal honeymoon destination? haha. nanti ko dah jadi doctor, sure banyak duit, boleh pegi all of europe :D

al: cultured? yes, i tend to have that effect on people. it's a gift, i suppose.

it would be so much more cooler to carve the poetic verses on stone tablets rather than writing it on recycled paper.

see you in melbourne sometime :)

f at i n said...

aahh..tmpt lizie mcguire blng duit! lol

wah, you've such a great holiday!
Ni rse nk g holiday jgk ni..but my exams is knocking on my pc screen right now

*KNOCK KNOCK!! STUDY!!! STOP INTERNETING!!!*