exaggeration and tall tales galore

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mind the Gap

Part E(E for England!)

but beforehand, i just want to share the joy of listening to this gem of a song. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong's duet for Summertime, which was actually composed by Gershwin! for an opera.
Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald
A song to make anyone wrap their hands around someone and slow dance to. a version of jazz i can fully appreciate.

London. I liked London very much. Mind you, we didn't stay there for that long, so i didn't actually get around to seeing much of it. but the bit that i did see, i liked.

The first day we arrived there, we took the tube to Liverpool Station, and then walked to the hotel we were staying at, maneuvering through alleys and roads, all the while dragging our luggage( can you imagine a time before bags had wheels?).

I, for one, am super impressed by their tube system.

Stayed there for a night, then the next day we took a flight to Rome. this is where we took the picture that has become my favourite out of all the pictures we took while on vacation.
While waiting for the bus to take us to the airport.

I know it's not a picture of a London sight or anything, but who cares. can't remember what we were laughing at, but we were laughing. and that makes me happy whenever i look at it.

When we got back from Rome, stayed in London for a couple more nights. spent a day walking along Oxford Street, which is where all the shops are, phwoar. Sale season on Oxford Street is madness. me and mom literally had to tear ourselves from the shops.

Oh! Dad managed to get tickets for us to go watch Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap at St. Martin's theatre while we were there!so that was awesome. my very first play. Apparently it's the longest-running play ever.

And, of course, we went to kakak's graduation.
in full regalia.

my sister's all grown up. haih. excuse me while i go ponder the passing of time, the eternal circle of life, how she used to look like a boy and how i bit her butt when i was four.

couple more rome pics.

Colosseum at night.

See those statues? They were all around at St. Peter's Square. Bernini's sculptures of saints. there were about 144(144 ke? hmm. a lot la) of them.

Thank you to kakak for for taking care of all the arrangements for the trip. Thank you dad for letting me come along.Thank you God for letting it all go smoothly and keeping everyone safe.

I'd never fully realized how good Coldplay's The Scientist is. hmm. My sister says their new album is goooood. but then again, she got to see them live(twice!bloody front row seats!), so her opinion might not be so objective.

I DO have a soul somewhere inside me, you know. i'm not plastic. but i feel like it sometimes. Songs like The Scientist help melt the plastic a little bit.

cheers, to a new term. may it be better for everyone.

6 comments:

the game said...

Ur sis,where did she study?

mostlyepiphanies said...

I like that picture of the three of you girls. It seems to exude happiness and all that good stuff.

All the very best for the new semester ahead!

A said...

the game: lse. hey, i'm glad you've changed to blogspot! good for you.

aijud: that's my top pic too! i've put it everywhere: on facebook, on my blog, wallpaper.

all the best to you too, mate :)

the game said...

Finally answering the calling.Well,wanted to start a Wordpress account but there was a glitch that I couldn't fix so,like they say in Tinseltown,the rest is history.

f at i n said...

i love the picture ateqs!!!

You look SO SO SO SO SO SO happy
*__________________^ <----- like this!

I'm smiling while looking at it! You've make me happy too!

It's great isnt it -just by looking at other's happiness you also can have a wide grin on your face!

A said...

firdaus: either way, it's so much easier to type out your blog url now! haha

fatin:yay, thanks fatin! haha, i'd like to think of it as my most lebar smile ever. i'm glad it made you happy too! spread some cheer.