exaggeration and tall tales galore

Thursday, July 31, 2008

falling slowly

thursday night, and i can't sleep.

i've just finished watching Once, managed to borrow it from the library. aijud/kakak/nani/whoever watched this movie and said it was nice, i must concur. i liked it very much. and i thought that the ending scene, with Falling Slowly playing in the background was spot on.

trivia. did you know that song won an Oscar for best original song?

I must say, it's one of those songs that manages to lift your spirits. it's such a sad but hopeful song.

hey. i tag you. list down something that makes you happy, or cheers you up a bit. tell me something i wouldn't know. let's make it three things.

for me:

1. the word 'tranquil'. it reminds me of turning a bottle filled with water upside down, and the bubble of air goes to the other end of the bottle.

2. the way Homer Simpson looks so intelligent when he wears glasses to read something.

3. the smell of flour and i like to eat raw chocolate chip cookie batter.

ok?tell me. i mean YOU. nani, aijud, fiqah, anna, aki, syefik, kero, al, firdaus, kakak, kye, aman, shao and jia yee(even though we're roommates, type it out for me anyway!), elaine and wee(if you're reading), wuil ling and wei leong, boon xian, inaaz, diyana izzati :), sal, afnan, juwa, fatin, syiqin, fifa. anonymous readers(if i have any, which i doubt but hey, a girl can be delusional), you're super welcome as well.

i'm listing everyone i know that may be reading(or not) so that you'll take this request seriously. jot down 3 things(or more!) that membuatkan anda gembira. can be something major, or just something really small or silly, whatever goes. write it on your blog or just pop it in the comment box. no need to tag other people if you don't want to, just consider it a favour to me, yah? i'm genuinely curious.

maybe we'll have something in common.

11 comments:

Afiqah said...

woot woot!!What makes me happy is knowing my friend has my back and still cares about me(You are one of them my dear Ateqs)
2.going back to Malaysia for know(almost 1 year)..
3.and knowing others are makes me happy as well:)

mostlyepiphanies said...

Lets see, well for me I guess it changes, but here are some of them.

1. Kids. There is just something about their innocence that just tugs my heartstrings. They never fail to make me smile stupidly, and at times go "where do I get me one of those!" (up until the point where they get bratty and hyperactive and start screaming senseless). But nowadays we can't stare at them too long for fear of being caught as pedophiles.

2. Bookstores. This one never fails to make me happy. Especially the large ones with high bookcases covering every inch of the wall.

3. Random but meaningful conversation with strangers. I don't get this very often, but when I do it lights up my day.

True! Once is awesome. I especially love the first scene at the music store where they sing falling slowly together. Chills!

the curious cat said...

I like:
1) receiving long letters/emails
2) lazing on the grass in a park on a brilliantly-blue-sky day
3) when a good song unexpectedly comes on the radio and i can loudly sing along to it

only 3 ah? cannot put down more?

aman23 said...

let's see.. 3 things that make me happy:

1. personal achievements. who wouldn't be right ;p

2. a good time with friends, new or old. it doesn't matter whether we were close before or not.

3. playing videogames. hahaha.

sorryla dah lame tak comment hehe.

Anonymous said...

Yo Atiqah babeh, haha :) 3 things that make me happy:

1. receiving kad raya.
2. knowing that I have great friends.
3. mary poppins.

whilewhiting said...

ateqs! here's what i owe you.

the things that makes me happy huh? hmm, i have a lot but this are the ones that i could actually mention it here. heh.

1. currently i finished watching this one anime called ouran high school host club. and i laughed like crazy. of course, i watched it alone in my room. no other cartoon had ever make me laugh like that. nor anyone or anything before. haha.

2. blues skies and sunsets (they are of one categories heh). i know this is kind of random and cm jiwang. but i dont know. i just feel enlighten staring at them.

3. the aftermath of cleaning kitchen or toilet or my bedroom. it makes me kind of satisfied when everything smells great and looks sleek.

heh:)

Kero Ong said...

im in there! :O here you go, since my blog's on a hiatus now haha.

1. sleeping on the monkey bars in my area's playground. no, really, i do that :P and i don't fall, because im just cool like that. haha. reminds me of happier times.

2. -real- libraries, the old cambridge sort where there's kind of a musty smell of old books and you feel like there's just this.. presence in the whole place. man i could stay in one of those for the whole day and not even read and i'd still love it.

3. listening to people talk about their dreams, whether it's the ones you have at night or the real ones you want to achieve someday. i dunno, it gives me a nice warm feeling inside, and i feel quite trusted. :)

can i add another one.

4. shoes

hahahahahhaa

the game said...

Hey,I just got back from a 4-day camp.So,sorry for the delay.

Urm,there r just too many things that can trigger happiness in me.Gah,I sound hopelessly romantic!Anyways,here goes:

1: SMS from friends close at heart.The reason why RM30 doesn't stretch that long to cover a month.I don't like phone calls though...

2: Stuff from previous institutions.I still keep all my test papers at the secondary level.Sentimental huh?

3: A combination of things; a good novel,iPod,and a train ride.

farah_hanani said...

i dont miss it lah!- i may be late. i put it in my blog post.

sorryla, amazingly adorable ateqs.

f at i n said...

3 things that makes me happy -ha, thats simple!

1. hmmm..food
2.........story books
3..............when the people that I care is happy!

owh..the dotted line means how much time that I put in to answer it. 1 min/dot..

So, i think it's not that simple after all.^_________^

Anonymous said...

1. IKEA. It feel like going to the western contries whenever i go there.

2. Travel. I love to travel. Nak pegi semua tempat. wanna feel the 4 seasons!!!

3. When mummy's happy, im happy... heeeeeheeee