exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cornea

Perfect scene with perfect music(Where Is My Mind by The Pixies). Gorgeous.

I finally managed to borrow Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club from the library, and got around to finishing it this morning after breakfast. You do not need my take on it.

Raymond K.K. Hessel, your dinner is going to taste better than any meal you've ever eaten, and tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of your life.
-from Fight Club

After finishing the book, I moved on to the copy of Man and Boy I bought at Camberwell market for 4 dollars(picture smug look of someone who's scored a bargain). Maybe that was a bad idea. Maybe reading Fight Club left a lingering sense of cynicism that does not mesh well with the family-themed Man and Boy. I don't know. I'm about a third through the book, and so far it's a tad predictable and a bit frustrating. But I still have two-thirds to get through so maybe I'll like it the more I read.

I'm in a bit of a bind here regarding my course choice. I'm wondering whether I should do finance. The idea of not doing economics anymore conjures a profound sense of loss(a feeling inspired thanks to my kickass macro lecturer, Nilss Olekalns). But if I were to actually do economics, alongside accounting, where would that put finance? hmm. And what about French? Can I do a concurrent diploma in languages? Not likely. Hmm. This is all a bit confusing, and I really wish I had a donut/roti john/maggi kari dengan telur to munch on at the moment while pondering this particular conundrum.

Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
and when she passes each one she passes goes 'oooh'.

Hohohoho. Baru teringat, I have some raspberry tartlets in the pantry. Nak makan sambil baca Man and Boy. Selamat malam, semua.

3 comments:

whilewhiting said...

the scene look beautiful. from what movie is it?

anyway, i tried watching the fight club the movie. since everyone saying its good. but about 1/10th of it, i change to another movie. i dont really understand it. maybe more crdit goes to the fact that i watch one i download from streaming website. for which the quality is arguable.

i see you have awesome time enjoying yourself. good for you. =)

but im more like green with envy
huhu. ateqs, give me some study momentum you have before your exams?

mostlyepiphanies said...

Mulling over course choices is like one of my favorite pastimes! Hehe. I mean that doesn't really say much considering I haven't any liberty at all in choosing courses since I'm in a preset major.

But there is still hope! I plan to make full use of my electives and deviate as much as possible from the sciences, maybe much to the dislike and bewilderment of my director. hehe.

Aaaanyways. It's been a while since I read Parsons. The last book from him I read was Stories We Could Tell, and that was a huge unraveling as to where my knowledge of music stands. hehe.

I'm reading Jane Austen now! And I happen to love the language! And I watched Pride and Prejudice (the movie version with keira knightley) the other day and I must say the girl that played Jane Bennett is stunning, just like the book depicted her.

Hooray for long comments.

Atiqah said...

anna:hahahahaha, that scene is from Fight Club la annaaaaaaa. the last scene. oh well, I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. But you should watch it on dvd!next time I get to borrow it from rowden, if you want you can watch it, ok?wheeee!manelah tahu, you'd like it the 2nd time.

I hope your other papers go ok!! then it's freeeeeedoooooommmm! happy summer holidays,yo.

my studying momentum died before my last paper :p

aijud:hahahaha, deviate away, aijud! make full use of all them elective subjects.

Stories We Could Tell!I think I read that one, that's the one about the music magazine journalists kan? I actually liked that one. But I've finished Man and Boy, and I still didn't really dig it. It was a nice story overall, but for some reason I thought it a bit cliched/unoriginal. But that's just my warped opinion.

Jane Austen!!!whoaaaaaah.I tried reading Emma once, tapi tak habis, shame on me. But it's so cool you're reading it! And betul2, I thought Jane Bennett in the movie was gloriously good-looking.