exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Once again kakak saves the day!

With a beautiful song to stop me from banging my head on the table in frustration.


Every semester, without fail, there will be that one subject that manages to get under my skin, and I find that I can't seem to quite keep up with it. This time, it's the unbelievable, superbly talented, absolutely gorgeous(If I butter it up, perhaps it'll be kinder towards me) Business Finance!(whoo!Turn on applause sign)

But this time I have it better, because I actually like the subject. I do believe it's interesting. It's just a matter of digesting this abundance of information and formulas I'm forced to swallow each week.

Eh, this City and Colour ni seems very, very promising, the kind that requires full youtube/myspace/amazon research. Tabik spring to kakak for giving me the head's up.

I went to this talk yesterday, about kick-starting your commerce career. Apparently, I'm supposed to be looking at applying for internship programs, join a society that offers work-like experience, and start sharpening my skills, not merely academically, but also in terms of employability. I'm also highly encouraged to attend career fairs and meet with company representatives, to be able to network and get an idea of what prospective employers are looking for. All of this to be done starting right about now.

Hello, grown-up world. Where'd you come from? I didn't see you. Hello, wearing suits-to-work days, and the scrambling to enter the corporate environment, is it time already? Do I have to start saying my goodbyes?

I get so distracted
by some people's reactions
that I don't see my own faults for what they are

-City Colour, Sensible Heart

See, told you they were good.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your very kind comments on the last post, I've been(well, it feels like it) busy. (But if I were busy, surely that busyness would have included completing my Business Finance tute? But I haven't. Maka, secara konklusi, adakah kesibukkan yang saya nyatakan di sini sekadar sebahagian imaginasi saya?).

Anyway.

Hang on folks, it's already Wednesday. We're halfway through to get to the weekend!

5 comments:

mostlyepiphanies said...

Sweet band!

Totally worth a second listen. Hope everything is well!

kelly said...

woohooooooo!!
tomorrow is thursdayyyy then fridaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

i love fridays.
or as i quote you,
"fridays for the wiiiinnddd~"

[yes, the elongation of every letter of those words are desperately needed for effect. oh yeahhhhh :P]

whilewhiting said...

grown up world? sighs.

this is one of the times i want to be peter pan.

Kero Ong said...

mmmm i'll have to download some of their stuff one of these days.

tuesday is the worst day of the week, you know d:

Atiqah said...

aijud:yay, I'm glad you like them, I'm pretty much being blown-away by his(it's actually just one person) songs and his amazing voice :D I hope things are going good for you too!

kelly: fridaaaaays ftw!(yelah, the elongated effect makes it work,haha)

and also, 12 hour movie marathons ftw!

anna:ah, peter pan. I wouldn't mind wearing a green suit and flying around kacau-ing red indians and pirates all day either. I think I'd be pretty good at that :p

kero: totally, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a physical copy of the album either, so far it seems like it would be worth it!

tuesdays? hmm..quite so. Because it's still so early in the week :p