exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Here's to you honey, but I'm outta your league!

If I were to be completely honest, I was quite disappointed at not being selected for this dance thing yesterday. Even though the choreographer tried to earnestly reassure those not chosen that there was too many good dancers for her to choose from, it doesn't quite stop the voice in my head going "nampak sangat you're a hippo who can't dance". But oh well. You won't stop this hippo, BAM! I'll just try again. And my theme song to support this stance will be The Hives Try It Again, props to Nani(who has impeccable taste in music, yo) for introducing it to me. I adore it so much, it makes me want to dance(hippo-like and all) like crazy.

Up from the floor on the count of ten
Oh you get up, you get down, and you try it again!

My latest financial accounting class was just..bonkers. We're learning the tax effects of intra-group transactions for consolidated reports, the last lecture had my head spinning. But it's good in a way, it's something I can sink my teeth in, I'm starting to get an in depth sight into what I'll actually be doing for a living. And say all you want about how dry and boring accountants are, etc, but come tax season and you have to file your returns, who you gonna call? That's right, bitch.

Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me today. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I was angry at myself for waking up late, mad at my homework for being undone, mad at the trash for not being in the rubbish chute, mad at my contact solution for being almost finished, that sort of thing. Irrational anger.

And it doesn't help that that feeling is back again. The one that makes me listen to This Year's Love by David Gray for the umpteenth time and wish. Wish and long for. Someday I'll get this right, and I'll gracefully resign to takdir and be okay on my own, if that's how it works out. Or maybe I'll end up meeting someone. And I'll yell "MANGKUK! What took you so long?!"

Ok. Assignment memanggil. Saya perlu menyahut.

3 comments:

whilewhiting said...

high five! i cudve slapped someone today if they just slightly cross me. i even when straight back after m first lect, rebelliously wanting to skip every classes i have today.

point being. saya sgt moody juga today. if that makes u feel any better.

but screw the dance selection. i know u want the place somehow. but think it this way. exam's around the corner. and we all probably would need all the time in the world. n yes, try again! thats the spirit.:P

and ur not a hippo ateqs!:)

hey, thnks for the compass. ill return when i get around you. or you want it soon? if im rajin, i'll drop by ur house to return it this week. :P

^^

mostlyepiphanies said...

That's right bitches!

Booyah!

Well. Thought I'd join in the mood swing with zeal.

We all have our off days.

farah_hanani said...

actually i think i wrote a long comment about this along time ago and i cae back eh eh apsal takde? nampaknye saye tk tekan post tht day.

i did ur last paragraph, and i dig ur courage and subtlety in conveying the frustration. its so true in essence but ill guess we'll see. we'll see.