exaggeration and tall tales galore

Saturday, May 02, 2009

With all your lies, you're still very lovable

Hello, jellybeans.

I bought Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago. Hot damn. I've had it on repeat for the past week, turning it up,up,up as I walk to uni, to hear Justin Vernon's soft voice over the trams and the traffic. It's quite wonderful how you can find beauty in the same 9 songs over and over again without growing bored. I just hope I don't over-listen and become sick of it. That happened with Stars' Your Ex-Lover Is Dead, our relationship is still in recovery mode.

Sometimes I can't believe it's only been about 2 and a half months since I've come back, it feels much longer. And yet the days pass by so quickly and I don't have time to do my homework(heh. I'm making excuses, I actually do it too slow and waste time). I don't think that much has really happened, nothing major, no truly significant events, and yet I feel like this has been the most enjoyable, fully packed, thoroughly used time I've had here. Yes. YES. Even as I think this over, I concur with this statement, I acknowledge the truth in it.

Yes. I haven't enjoyed being in Melbourne as much as I enjoy being here now. It's due to the combination of new friends, new activities, and new music I've had the good fortune to come across. Starting the semester after going to umrah probably had a good deal to do with it too, and knowing the city a little bit better helped as well. I'm still not putting enough effort into studying, I still have kinks to work out in my study method and planning, but I'd like to believe I learned enough from last year to repair my mistakes, at least a tiny bit. I haven't found that perfect balance of study and play, friends and books, religion and daily activities, happiness and feeling down, buying stuff and saving cash yet, never will probably; but it feels better this year somehow, I must be doing something right?

Overall, I'm doing good.

I have 3 weeks worth of finance to study though.

4 comments:

Lisa Sulaiman said...

You know what, I think when it comes to studies, I feel like I can relate to you the most. Probably because I like your style of writing.

This is random, but I just wanted to say I was in the mood to do my Psychoanalysis essay just now, but I used up all my writing flair to write this long email to my parents about my fears and hopes for Malaysia.

Habis 1 jam. Bagus betul kan?

Kero Ong said...

'for emma' reminds me of simon & garfunkel. [/random]

it's good to hear that you're doing good! :D i can really relate to what you said about nothing really happening and yet things having felt so great. something to do with doing things that you like in the company of awesome people, or something similar to that. something similar to 'awesome', anyway.

haha, finance. a lot of my older friends have poured out their sorrow about this vague but monstrous being to me - but i, being a little high school kid, do not understand your woe :D

Anonymous said...

BEST KAN, BEST KAN BON IVER??

i have the album probably at the beginning of the semester and then started listening to it again when one my fav TV shows started playing that.


Haha i bet because SO MANY SEMASHURIAN friends are thre now, you can enjoy their company unlike previous year. this is a fact that i am very jealous about you over there.

selamat berfinance.

A said...

Lisa: hahahaha, I always deviate from what I'm supposed to do as well. Takpe2, I have no doubt that even with that email, in no way could your writing flair have been all used up :) I think it's cool you can write about things like that to your parents.

Kero:Whee, I'm glad you can relate. That means you understand this high I'm experiencing :)

high school kid, I'm adding to the sorrow, heh. Finance is interesting, just very... ma fan.

Nani:YE YE SANGAT BEST!haha I can't believe I only started listening to Bon Iver after they came and did a show here :( I would have so gone!

Funnily, while there ARE tons of semashurians here now(I saw farhana amran!she lives one block down from me), I think it's safer to say I've been hanging out with budak KYUEM. Tapi dalam set KYUEM tu ade subset Semashur la, heh.