exaggeration and tall tales galore

Friday, August 07, 2009

Well I guess I'm trying to be nochalant about it

Female singers.

1. Bjork(sorry I don't know how to type the trema over the 'o'. Fail)

I have mucho respect for her, even if I haven't explored even a third of her song repertoire. The few songs that I have listened to are amazing. The emotion she puts into a song and the fact that her lyrics are deceptively simple but profoundly meaningful makes it sublime. Been listening to All Is Full Of Love and Pagan Poetry.

2. Lykke Li



3. Mariah Carey.

I think her stylist should be shot. And I didn't really fancy the Touch My Body song. But! Think back to the Mariah Carey circa 1997, when her Butterfly album came out. Specifically, think of the song Breakdown that was in this album. The one reason that still redeems Mariah Carey in my eyes. Such a good song! So well-written, musically and lyrically.

4. Catcall

A Sydney-sider.She was the opening act for Phoenix(who were awesome, by the way!). Haven't taken to many of her songs, but there is one particular tune that went straight to my head and stayed there.


5. Regina Spektor

I haven't listened to her new stuff yet, but it always makes me chuckle when I read a review in a music magazine and they mention how she makes dolphin noises on one track.

6. Sarah Blasko

Australian as well. Very famous here I think, since her new album came out, her face is everywhere; in magazines, in Borders punye windows. Belum dengar many of her songs, but I am smitten by this one from one of her previous cds.

I have an assignment due! Hope you're all doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am still trying to figure out what is lyke li is actually trying to attempt in her video. adakah gaya-gaya dance hindustan?

also,sidney sider video succesfully membuatku pening-pening lalat dgn shots nye yang 360 degrees pusing2.

Haha.

(in the midst of writers block)

MC stylist should not be shot. He/She should get cancer.Barula slow and painful death.

Hope the assignment-you relationship is doing well!