exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, September 06, 2009

The so-called troubles of the nondescript life

Quelle horreur!

I have 3(or 4) assignments pending, a french test, a french oral exam, and the usual tutorials. The tutorials I would like to just disregard, but last week's macro tute had me feeling very inadequate(read:stupid), so I better read the literature and do the work this time.

I shouldn't be blogging, but I've just completed my portion of a group assignment and emailed it off to my group-mates, so I can breathe easy for a bit. I have to do my french oral though, (pour quoi est-ce que tu ne email pas moi, Jonathan?), which is tedious. My topic is that I've had an awful day and am telling what happened to me to my housemate. So I've been trying to come up with all sorts of bad things that could have happened and more importantly, things I can actually find the words in french for. No point in coming up with a wonderfully elaborate tale of how I saw a white rabbit and decided to follow it a la Alice in Wonderland if I don't even know the french word for 'rabbit', is there?

Dance class has been enjoyable. I like dance class. I like dancing. I'm rubbish at it, but there is something ultimately satisfying about hearing a catchy song (even if that song is something as empty-headed and pointless as Krazy by Pitbull. have you seen the video? completely tasteless, the director should be elbowed in the eyes) that makes you want to move. It's intriguing, this natural instinct to groove to the rhythm.

Anyway, I have to go to bed. Esok is the 17th day of puasa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should show some moves. I still cant figure put how would you show that in writing.

I heard the other way around exists: Look at writing and translate it into dance.

kelly said...

you are so not rubbish in dancing (if you're rubbish, what in the world would you call me eh? :P)
but anyways,
you are "literally" (in a good way of course), ON FAI-YAHHH!!

:))

Anonymous said...

lapin!