exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I didn't even know Jurassic Park was a book until my brother told me

Had my first wtf moment at work today. As in, 'what the fuck am I doing?'.

Singing out loud in the car seems to be the only semi-effective method of retaining bits and pieces of your soul in the face of traffic jams.

Proof I still can't drive for peanuts:knocked into a pasu while reversing out of the driveway this morning.

Sometimes, usually when I get out of the car and start striding purposefully towards the office, with my work-pass around my neck and my laptop bag, I think I can see myself doing this. Sometimes, when it's past office hours and I'm still at work,or when I have a wtf moment, I start panicking and can't bear the idea of doing this for the rest of my life. It's a toss up.

Mengantuk la wei.

Let's have a conversation. I'll ask you things that have nothing to do with where you study, or where you stay, or what are your plans for new year. You will actually look into my eyes and tell me things you would like to share, things beyond shallow obligatory information. There will be no awkwardness like invisible nooses around our necks, no polite chuckles or forced enthusiasm. Neither of us will think that the other is a self-centered twat. You will not berate me for swearing. I won't be uncomfortable when you take out a pack of cigarettes and start smoking. It will be the best goddamn conversation of our lives.

Mengantuk la wei.

2 comments:

Al said...

you should print that last paragraph as a contract and whip it out when BS levels of a convo are no longer ignorable.

rip pasu

A said...

Good idea. I'll print it out and get it laminated.

Thank you, but the pasu's fine, your sympathy should be redirected towards my ego. My mom was watching me as I was reversing and saw the whole shebang.