exaggeration and tall tales galore

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Swedish people must be awesome

I am sometimes such an embarrassment, just by being. When I am, I feel like I want to burst out laughing, I can't stop smiling.At the exact same moment, I want to walk into a wall, or at the very least bang my head repeatedly against it.

Hi anna, happy belated birthday! Sorry for the late wish, and sorry I'm too much of a confused chicken shit to email you personally. I chose the pathetically open medium of a blog instead.

TGIF tomorrow! Last weekend, I spent my Saturday sleeping 13 hours, it was beautiful.

In a nutshell:

1. Attacks on churches:not cool.

2. Sleeping in on Saturday:cool.

3. Watching korean pop videos on Channel V:Cool.

4. Traffic jams with soulless people who speed up when you want to switch into their lanes: Not cool.

5. Fynn Jamal's Balada Jiwa Perempuan Gila: Cool.

6. Conflict over the use of 'Allah':Not cool.

7. Kings of Convenience coming to KL: My God cool tak tahan.

8. The fact that they're coming once I've gone back to Melbourne:Not cool.

9. Rais Yatim: Not cool. (though if you were to ask me to demonstrate a solid foundation for my dislike, I probably wouldn't be able to do so. Which makes me a twat unfairly prejudiced against Rais Yatim. Sorry Rais Yatim!).

10. Jonna Lee & Ed Harcourt's And Your Love

Cool like awesome ice cubes. Enlightenment credits go to Kakak, of course.

11. Kelly back on Malaysian soil: Cool tak tahan jugak.

Ok. Bye.

4 comments:

the three of us said...

KINGS OF CONVENIENCE WEI! i go and experience on your behalf. aku burgermbira.

i smile at you! *smiles*

Lisa Sulaiman said...

Ah.. KIngs of Convenience T.T

Anyway this song came to me while I was doing the dishes and I thought about you.

Terbayang saat indah,
Ketika berputiknya,
Alam cinta membara CAHAYA,
Bahgia hidup ini,
Kerna hadirmu...

It's Amy Mastura and I love her, and her old songs are about the only Malay songs I don't feel ashamed of singing, for some weird reason because the lyrics are standard sweet randomness.

Randomness end.

Anonymous said...

Eh? I thought Rais Yatim is one of the last few brainy politicians remaining...

A said...

kero: YOU LUCKY THING, you better think of me and feel sympathy when you watch them in all their awesomeness.

I smile a superhuge heavy-duty grin back *GRINS*

Lisa: I KNOW RIGHT?But I'm sure they'll drop by Nottingham as well sometime, or at least somewhere near there. HAVE HOPE!!

Amy mastura! I once sang Diam Diam Rindu for my sekolah rendah talent show(erk...I have a colourful, shameful past). I was a huge fan as well, was totally smitten by songs like Kasih Kita and the one about the environment. So it's a very nice coincedence that you thought of me in conjunction with one of her songs! Grazie, grazie. and randomness is always welcome here! The good kind, like yours, not the kind where my comment box gets spammed with ads.

anon: Eh?