exaggeration and tall tales galore

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't make frowns, you silly clown

Hi kittens!

I want to blog, but I'm supposed to be doing work. But suppose I had nothing to do and could blog at leisure, I would have talked about addictions and how I've been fortunate enough to not be dependent on things like drugs, or alcohol, or cigarettes, but somehow through some twisted working of fate I have become almost scarily obsessed with Big Bang and 2NE1 (both are Korean pop bands, by the way).

And then I would have crapped at length about how freaky this is because I've always seen celebrity crushes for what they are: stupid. I mean, yes, I lust after Edward Norton and young John Cusack and Erlend Oye but I know perfectly well it's all just for fun. But somehow the commercial genius of YG Entertainment (the South Korean talent company responsible for the two groups) has managed to pierce my armor of rational thinking and now I can't stop watching videos of said bands and squealing over how cute they are and making unfounded declarations of love("Oppa saranghaeeeeeeee!!!"). HOW DID THEY DO IT?!

At first it was funny, then I spent a whole weekend doing it and didn't do my work, and it wasn't so funny anymore. But now I think I'm starting to regain my scattered pieces of common sense, so it's slightly funny again. Adoi. How la. I am a casualty of the Korean wave.

OK! SUDAH! SUDAH! No more crushes on hairless boys who can dance well and girls who are so cute yet have swagger.

So kiddies, today's mantra will be:
I will be productive today.

I will be productive today.
I will be productive today.
I will be productive today.

God, it's one of those days where I want to apologize to anyone I've ever hurt with my actions or inaction, and where I sincerely hope everyone's doing well.

FIGHTING!

7 comments:

the three of us said...

oppa oppa i'll be i'll be down down down down oh, oh oh oppareul saranghae ah, ah ah ah manhi, manhi hae!

ok gonna shut up now.

You Are Not Alone.

[/koreanism]

whilewhiting said...

lol. ateqs so cute!!

me too~

Lisa Sulaiman said...

Your description of things is spot on as usual

Atiqah said...

kero: hahahaha, that's good to know. we be them fangirls together, yah?

anna:not cute. just crazy,heh. are you an irrational fangirl jugak anna? let's start a club. Fangirls, melbourne chapter!haha.

aki: I think I get it wrong most of the time, but thank you :)

Izzie said...

young John Cusack! <3 have you watched sixteen candles? :)

Atiqah said...

Izzieeeee!

No I haven't, but I should. And I will.

On a slightly extended note (the linking factor being that it's another film with Molly Ringwald, I watched Pretty In Pink the other day, and I liked it.

OMG. I should do a John Hughes' movie marathon.

Anonymous said...

You're not taking Takuya Kimura from me.