exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Time flies

It only occurred to me after I had left the apartment to check whether the library was actually open. It is after all, a public holiday.

Well, that's what you get for being a melon-head.

So I kept on walking, and I was wearing my new earphones, the ones which impaled my wallet, making it bleed money, but compensates by providing sweet,sweet pleasure for my ears. It goes so far as to make me chuckle sometimes, because when I'm listening to music it's as if I'm in a movie with a personal soundtrack, and that, my friends, is a dangerously lulling experience. All the more so when it's autumn and leaves are falling, it makes you start to think you're in a Korean movie.

I walked and I saw things like pretty flowers and the people from the Chinese Theater Group doing their chalking. The sun was out at the time, it was quiet, and I played the same two songs over and over again. and I thought about things like how this is probably the last year I'll be here, so I better look around uni and see all the nooks and crannies I haven't seen yet. I thought that my book-bag was too heavy and how silly it was of me to be lugging it around. I decided not to do any work today, even though I knew I'd come to regret it, and I was bitter about that for a couple minutes.

I thought about friends who let me realize, via their friendship (no dramatic proclamations or confrontations needed), that melancholy, while delicious, is a passing thing. And that is definitely a good thing.

No comments: