exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Harimau Kumbang

I had come across this lovely song + making-of video about a couple months past, and as much as I was taken by it, it didn't occur to me to save it to my favourites or properly commit it to my memory. As such, yesterday night I found myself wanting to listen to it again, and couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the band, nor the song. All I remembered was that the band name involved two animals, and I had a semi-confident notion that one of those animals was a dog. Dog and something.

Dog and Bear? No.

Dog and Wolf? No.

Are you sure it wasn't Dog and Bear? Hmm.

Maybe it wasn't even Dog. Wolf and Bear?

Punyalah susah aku nak ingat nama dia. I spent a good fifteen minutes consumed with this activity of guessing animal pairings, and tried googling 'indie bands with names including animals', which yielded a facebook group devoted to such bands but without luck.

Thank God for web browser history. It turned out to be Dog & Panther!



After weeks of whining to Kelly that I really wanted to re-watch The Lord of the Rings, I was in enough of a funk today to convince myself a nine-hour movie marathon would, in fact, be ideal. I scouted out the DVDs on my way back from returning books at the library, and I'm watching The Two Towers as I type this. Hugo Weaving! I had forgotten you were in this!

No comments: