exaggeration and tall tales galore

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

There are times.

There are times.

There are times, when I feel like despair is wrapped tight around my heart, and I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe, and it will not get better, and I will choke.

I would be the first to contend my sadness is bullshit. Sometimes I think I would be happy to have my sorrows validated one day, to have some sadness-verifier take a look at me and say "This one's legit, folks! It's real. Her sadness is real. Her tears are not a waste of our time". But in the meantime, I wrestle with the belief that I am a stupid, selfish, self-centered idiot who finds trivial reasons to feel the blues over.

But. There's that choking feeling. Goddamn. Tell me it's real.

I have to admit, I still wait for my soulmate. I hate the vulnerability of that, how pathetic it makes me feel, how self-conscious I am because of it. I have to grow up and get that shit out of my system,man. I've embarrassed myself one too many times because of it, looked for it where it doesn't exist, get my fucking hopes up for nothing.

But sometimes, when it seems like I can't feel God, and I don't know what to do, I do think of this soulmate, and I wonder if I'm placing too much faith in the belief that things would be different if this soulmate were here.

I am so tired of being unrealistically sad. I am sick of these unlikeable parts of myself. I need to bloody relax.

1 comment:

Syazwina Saw said...

I believe I have found my soulmate, but upon closer inspection, I have found that I dislike him and his contradictions. I accept him in his entirety, maybe even love him despite them all, but I just don't like him very much.

But maybe underlining all this is the fact that he doesn't feel the same way about me.

Soulmates are overrated. How do you recognise one? Is it more important that you recognise the same things in each other, or finding someone who looks at you and embraces you anyway, nevermind that you'll never agree half the time?

(I was supposed to say something substantial in this but this happened instead. Sorry. I adore your writing, Tiqs!)