exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i'm pretty sure it's colder than that

in these past days, i seem to devote more and more of my time to two things: eating(i mean, memang dah banyak pon masa allocated for eating, but now it's even more!), and blogging. and i believe neither are doing me any good.

i came home from my lecture, and walloped 2 burritoes. and then, amazingly enough, i was still hungry. my stomach felt like i hadn't eaten any burritoes at all-that kind of hungry. and so i made pancakes(ala, yang instant tu), and had them with a (un)healthy drizzle of maple syrup. then the beast that is my appetite cooled down a bit, and we both agreed to chill and browsed the net for a while, and washed the dishes, then it decided to have a lovely big fat fuji apple.

and so here i am, chomping down the last bits of my apple, blogging. the extent of my hunger is fascinating, if not worrying. is it because of the weather? or is it because i've gotten used to the bigger portions they serve here and am no longer satisfied by my usual definition of a decent meal size?

alamaaak. i have this sudden urge to go to seven eleven across the street and get a packet of barbecue chips yang crinkle cut tu, apetah brand die. the one in the orange bag. smith's? it's only 8, technically it is still a decent hour to munch something.

not by Oprah's standards though. i think she's the one that advocates the no-eating-past-7 rule.

and then there's blogging. gah. sometimes too much blogging, i believe, is a bad thing. especially when you're the type who allow your fluctuating moods to dominate what you write.

how much cyberspace are you allowed to waste with your moaning and your so-called woes before you yourself feel like you want to take a whack of a shovel to the head? and yet i still want to do it. because after dinner when i'm contentedly facing the computer, it's usully still early, so there's not much to do but blog. well there's plenty to do(i.e:assignments and reading notes), but blogging is the preferred option. obviously.

saje je.

5 comments:

Afiqah said...

ateqs be careful..you don't want to gain 10 kg like me in canada in less than 8 months i'm ...yes i admit the weather makes you feel hungry and the portion they serve is more than in Malaysia..maybe you can consider exercising...but don't get me wrong..eat well and exercise well beacause that's the important part of health

Chinny said...

cannot tahan lapar? =P i do that alot =D 3 meals a day and only 70% full each time haha. I lost weight that way =O

Chinny said...

don't think it's healthy doing that way tho @_@

Aki said...

Yeah I'm facing the same problem. When I got here I couldn't stop muching. Chocolates, cupcakes, waffles, nutri-bars, cereal, crackers, biscuits, fairy cakes... you name it. Sekarang dah kurang sikit after I weighed myself.

The cold weather made me hungry, and bila dah warm, the habit sticks, which sucks. The portion is more too. I used to not be able to finish one portion when I first arrived. Now I can finish one portion and more.

The only way around it is to stop buying all those junk food and put fruits at the side of your table. Works for me! =)

Clementines, grapes, plums, honey dew, strawberries...

I'm still struggling though ^-^

My only consolation is that in Malaysia I'll sweat it all out! For now, I'll just refrain from eating.

Ahhhh, Malaysia is the best country to live in after all T.T

A said...

afiqah:10 kg? biar betul fiqah!you must be exaggerating. don't scare me!

oklah, maybe it's good you scared me. maybe you've scared me into exercising more and eating less.

but somehow i doubt it. i'll try to refrain from stuffing myself, though.

chinny:70% full weight-loss plan, haha. maybe i should try that. but cannot tahan la :p

aki: no junk food, more fruits. no junk food, more fruits. ok, that'll be my mantra.

but that'll have to wait because i just bought a big bag of barbecue chips yesterday.

God, i am terrified at the idea of weighing myself.