exaggeration and tall tales galore

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Optimism at its best.

Bonjour!

Right, I have just finished watching this movie called Les Choristes, and it’s left me feeling all warm and fuzzy. I am delightfully optimistic at the time being, and therefore this moment must be documented in order to be referred to in times of doom and gloom(as things go boom…..in DEXTER’S LAAAAAB!!If you’ve never watched Dexter’s Lab, you are deprived and this will be irrelevant).

I tend to see things as half empty rather than half full, betul? Ok. Mari kita lakukan aktiviti bina jati diri. Senaraikan perkara-perkara yang menyedihkan anda pada masa ini, dan kemudian tukarkannya kepada perkara yang menyenangkan hati:

1.
Sedih: Got some bad news about the apartment. Well, not so much sad as annoying. And the unreliability of some people can drive you crazy!
Gembira:My roommates have been more than understanding about it, to which I am extremely grateful. Props to shao and jia yee. And we managed to stuff in some stress-induced laughter, woot. It’s good to have good roommates.

2.
Sedih:I think we’ve finished up our internet usage quota for the month. This means that our current connection is slow. Very ma fan.
Gembira:At least uni’s near by, so I can go to the computer lab there. Plus, I took this whole broadband usage quota thing as the topic for my microeconomics essay, so ask me why Aussie has caps on broadband usage while Malaysia doesn’t. ask me why ask me why! I can at least tell you my theory.

3.
Sedih:I am still lost in Quantitative Methods 1. I am as lost in it as penguins would be in the Amazon basin.
Gembira:I look forward to tackling this whole mystifying subject when I actually start studying for exams. Quantitative Methods 1, prepare to be kicked in the balls. KA-POW!

4.
Sedih:My headphones went kaput. Sebelah dah tak dengar.
Gembira:I can buy new headphones. I’ll get cool-looking ones. Headphones that cradle your ears lovingly and keep out the sound of noisy trams and lorries that prevent listening pleasure.

5.
Sedih:Bouts of grumpiness, due to lack of understanding in QM1, growing panic over exams(only a month away! And all the exams are one after another on consecutive days! Blimey)
Gembira:Bursts of cheeriness due to songs like The Maccabees’ Toothpaste Kisses. The ‘whoo-woo’ at the beginning of the song gets me every time. Thanks kakak!

6.
Sedih: I am sleepy.
Gembira: I am going to sleep.

5 comments:

the curious cat said...

eh,my headphones went kaput too!!coincidence? or dastardly ploy of creative to increase sales of headphones??

Anonymous said...

why does australia have caps on intenet usage?

there.

your earphones went caput, my earphones are missing ( classic, classic.)dastardly ploy? Indeed.


hang on hard to the quantitative methods!

mostlyepiphanies said...

ah!This is like one of those activities you have at motivational camps. Turning a negative into the positive, the power of the mind, tra la la.

Yes, do explain my dear friend; why we have caps here. Its weird!

Speaking of missing things, I lost my pendrive the other day. For the SECOND time in a month. I barely bought it over the weekend.

Sigh. I get a stinking feeling somebody has a pendrive grudge against me!

Afiqah said...

ateqsss you should blog about why aust have caps ..weird..and i'm also taking microeconomic next fall for my elective..hopefully senang laaaa

A said...

kakak:heh. i would shout that it's a dastardly ploy, were it not for the fact that my creative headphones rosak even before i left for melbourne, because i accidentally snagged the wire on a door handle sampai tercabut from the headpiece :p yang rosak ni are panasonic ones.

nani: I'll tell you when you come visit me in melbourne, haha.

ur earphones are missing?! *gasp melampau* how are you listening to music? beli baru!

aijud: i have no idea whether my explanation is correct, but:

supply for broadband is sorta inelastic,yea?because increasing bandwidth requires major investments in fibre optic cables and govt licensing and whatnot. demand however, is increasing because of stuff like utube and file-sharing. to combat the rising demand, broadband companies COULD increase bandwidth, but they're reluctant to do so because a)costly and time consuming and b)even kalau increase pon, users will just use all it up by watching more videos and sharing more files,no? So, cap usage. that way, each user uses considerably less, and this ensures smoother internet traffic(streamyx is notorious for slow connections and dc, kan?)plus it'll allow room for a lot more new users to subscribe. and, it's fairer to those yang gune sikit je broadband, because rather than a flat rate fee, they'll just pay the lowest quota price.

if it sounds incorrect, don't tell me. i don't want to know that my assignment's down the drain just yet.

i ache for your lost pendrives! well, maybe next time you won't lose it anymore.no more pendrive grudges. third time's a charm, yes?

afiqah:malu la nak blog...so taruk kat tempat comment je lah,haha. ooh, u'll be taking micro? whee! i hope you like it, it's pretty interesting.