exaggeration and tall tales galore

Monday, September 08, 2008

burung hantu. ghostbird.

Peristiwa berkenaan burung yang menyayat hati #1:

This morning, while I was sitting at the dining table, a pigeon flew over and perched on the railing of our balcony. It was quite fat, and as I was staring at it, I noticed it only had one leg. The other leg looked broken off, there was no claw, just a jagged stump. Haih. kesian burung tu.

Peristiwa berkenaan burung yang menyayat hati #2:

The day before yesterday, I was walking back home from the uni computer lab, when I saw another pigeon standing on the pavement on the other side of the road. It just stood there, so I looked over at it and saw that it was standing beside another pigeon sprawled on the ground. dead. Sigh.

Haiyaiyai. Kesian burung tu. I felt sorry for the dead one, but more for the other bird standing guard over it. do birds mourn?

a number of hours later:

irritation. My accounting tute is really being a bug up my ass today,and the godforsaken itunes won't let me buy a song without upgrading to itunes version 7.bazillion.

I'm going to curl into a ball with Memoirs of a Geisha(and skip straight to the part where she watches Hatsumomo get ready) and pray that the time to start cooking for buka comes quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember a very creepy alfred hitchcock movie ( very old ) about crows attacking a city.

i dont remember the title though

A said...

was it 'birds'? but then again that wasn't just crows.