exaggeration and tall tales galore

Saturday, September 06, 2008

I'm Not Sorry There's Nothing to Save

6th day of puasa, yo.

I was managing fine(I had this very decent feast of roti john for buka followed by pancakes with ice cream and banana slices the other day) until I stumbled across someone's blog that dedicated a portion of their latest post on the beauty that is pasar puasa. haih. I now have this undeniable need for ayam madu, in all it's oily, honey-glazed glory. and air kelapa(and coconut flesh!). roti boom. tepung pelita!

One of the small things that delight me is whenever I see someone walking alone, and they have a smile on their face. The usual scenario is that they're walking with their gaze focused on the ground, immersed in their thoughts, and they're smiling. I've been fortunate to come across two different people doing it in the past week, and for some reason it gives me this delicious sense of amusement combined with curiosity. What(or who) could you possibly be thinking about?

I'm finally listening to the gorgeous song that is Your Ex-Lover Is Dead by Stars(yes, i'm very ketinggalan like that). wheeeee. I mean, seriously. There are few things in the world that can make me squeeze out genuine enthusiasm, but when you come across a song that embodies sadness in such a pretty way, you can practically see it coming out of my pores. This is one of those songs that makes you want to squeeze your toes, flail your arms around and moan "I love this song. i doooooo".

Mari dengar(if you're as ketinggalan as me).


All is good with the world today, on my part at least. There's studying, an assignment and grocery shopping to be done, but at 7 in the morning, you can't help but feel there's the possibility of making it a fully productive day.

Have a happy Saturday(imagine me grinning a la Cheshire Cat as I say this).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post makes me feel hungry

A said...

makan. makan banyak2. (after buka, that is)