exaggeration and tall tales galore

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Giraffes amongst a cloudless blue sky

I've just finished watching a really smarmy christmas movie that had okay lead actors and a really bad supporting actor and it was somewhat cringe-worthy but still okay because hey, it's a christmas movie! The guy gets the girl! It's snowing! Everyone's happy! The spurned fiance only goes away with an unconvincing sad look!

Whatever happened to Duncan Sheik, anyway? And Third Eye Blind? Vertical Horizon? and Eve 6? Remember this one? I used to adore it.

Eve 6 - Heres To The Night - Various
pic from guardian.co.uk

I love Dylan Moran. Dylan Moran is coming to do a show in Melbourne. I know of no one else who loves Dylan Moran whom I can beg to teman me go see him. Persoalannya: Should I go see Dylan Moran?

Answer: Yes. Explanation(because as we all know, merely answering 'yes' or 'no' is never enough to warrant full marks): Because Dylan Moran is awesome, ticket price is still within acceptable range, and more importantly, because I will never get the chance to see him live when I finish my degree and come back home. That's reason enough, I believe. Let's see. maybe I can get tickets.

Half of Anna's tag!
1. Do you believe in eternal love?
Yes. When I was younger, back at kampung, there was a pair of angsa that roamed around freely. One day, the female angsa died. The male angsa was forlorn and died shortly after. I may be romanticizing things(we are, after all, talking about angsa here), but I like to think that was something along the lines of eternal love.

2. What would you really like to do right now?
Go dancing, free form, no inhibitions. To go back to the Bloc Party concert and sing along to Banquet again.

3. Describe yourself.
Neurotic. I never play the lead role. I am not Alice in Wonderland, Elizabeth Bennet or Marla Singer. Instead, I am the caterpillar , I'm the nondescript sister who plays the piano, I am Chloe. I have a fascination for cooking shows. I also have anti-social tendencies, and I like to whistle. I would like to go see giraffes and elephants in the wild someday.

4. What is your bad habit?
Plenty, plenty. too many. But I suppose the major ones include lack of consistency(tidak istiqamah), unoriginality, and taking a (big) bite out of anything my brother eats.

5. Do you think you have enough confidence?
Hah. I laugh. Are you kidding me? If confidence were a cup of coffee, I'd have the pathetic brown liquid made out of some obscure brand of instant coffee in a Styrofoam cup, with too little sugar and too much milk(as opposed to the stunning cappuccino made from Colombian coffee beans, served in fine bone china, with beautiful steamed milk foam at the top with a leaf pattern swirled in).

6. Favourite perfume/fragrance?
Hmmm...well, I really like the fragrance of food. However, if we must stick strictly to the type of perfume one sprays on oneself, then I guess I don't have any favourite. All perfumes usually blend together and I end up not recognizing one from the other. But I do love perfumes associated with a person. Like how Jaja usually wore a perfume by Versace(was it Versace?)to college. There was this one time in Melbourne I caught a whiff of it and I immediately thought of her.

7.What's your ambition?
To be better than this.

8. What's currently on your mind?
Something green(with earphones). Something black and white(with laces). Damn, mysterious I am.

9.Is there anything you want to tell people that hate you?
Sorry. I'll bake you cupcakes. (this only applies to those that hate me with justified reason. If not, then tak payah. Why waste my(or my mom's) flour and sugar and baking powder?)

10. What do you crave the most currently?
Not much. Some waffles and ice cream would be good. putu piring. A social life. A pimple-free face. A cat. Some more clothes. Casual indifference. Kings of Leon's first album. stuff like that.

Other half next time.

Turn the light out, say goodnight
No thinking for a little while
Let's not try to figure out everything at once
-The National, Fake Empire

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG nostalgic gile lagu ni.

vertical horizon is one of my favourite bands mase sekolah menengah. one of the first cassetes i bought. ( yes dulu pakai cassete).
aw, i think ure confident enough.
shit putu piring, bilelah aku nak balik neh~

baiknye cakap kat org yg hate you.( ill be damned if theres any). kalau org tak suke you you bake cupcakes, untuk org suke y0u you bagi ape?

whilewhiting said...

i read nani's post before yours. so maybe you both got the first prize. huhu.

the guy in the pic looks cute. heh.

the angsa story is cute and sad. i dont know what to comment on that act but yeah.

thanks for answering the tags. i had fun reading it. huhu.

im going back. im going back!

i liked vertical horizon. mybe i just like one of their songs. but i dont remember what it is now. heh.

Kero Ong said...

dylan moran is very cute in shaun of the dead la hahaha.

yay i like your tag answers! they're all nice and long :D

Atiqah said...

nani:cassette, yeah man. RM20. kalau nak forward or rewind, I was always bad at estimating berape lame nak tekan the button.

hahahaha, putu piring! i still haven't had any sejak balik ni(payah la nak cari kat puchong ni).

untuk orang I like, I'll bake them three-tiered wedding cakes or something :D

anna: taknak, I want first prize sorang2 :p haha,kidding.The guy in the pic is Dylan Moran!and yes, I think he looks cute when he smiles like that, dengan rambut messy and all scruffy-looking.

yay, you must be here by now, i think. kan? welcome back anna!!

kero:I've never watched shaun of the dead(i was too chicken), but I did see him in run fat boy,run. he's cute everywhere la :p

hahaha, too long perhaps? sometimes I'm positive I'm over-thinking each question. ah well. still like doing tags though.