exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I must repent. again.

I was lying on my bed, reading through a blog, when suddenly I saw out of the corner of my left eye, something fluttering up. A moth.

Now, I don't know if you know this, but I am scared of moths, butterflies, cockroaches, and anything yang sewaktu dengannya. Which turns even me off sometimes, it's such a clichéd girly fear. But fear them I do, even if the moth/butterfly/etc in question is about 25 times smaller then me. As long as it has wings that can make it fly around erratically, I'm a goner.

So I saw this moth, and my first instinct was to swear(a whispered "mother". Why "mother"? Well, some scattered remains of propriety stopped me from saying a longer, particularly foul word. Why whispered? because my roommate's asleep).

My second instinct was to grab the nearest thing that could act as a shield as well as an offensive instrument(I may be a coward, but when push comes to shove I can swat like nobody's business). Pencil box? No. Student diary? No. Packet of tim tams? Good grief, where's a weapon when you need one. I finally grabbed a decent implement(French exercise book), and held it over my head. The moth, which had been fluttering about near the ceiling, suddenly veered to the left and crashed into my blinds before sliding downwards. I can't see it now, my table's blocking my view. It hasn't made any movement since, so I suspect it's dead now(unless it's just sitting there quietly, which, if you think about it, is a pretty creepy thought). Now I have to pick up a dead moth tomorrow.

On an almost unrelated note, I find it peculiar and at the same time pathetic how susceptible I am to developing blog infatuations.(Did I just type that? Blog infatuations?)

I am so screwed for Corporate Law.

The next time I post I'll be at home!I want to screech out some ancient tribal cry of excitement and gratitude, but my roommate's asleep.

ok bye.

Edit: BLOODY HELL THE MOTH ISN'T DEAD IT'S SITTING THERE QUIETLY! Serious mangkuk ayun lah.

4 comments:

syefik said...

cant wait for u to come home!.. lets do segala galanya!.. the whether is cool here in malaysia.. had been cloudy and has been raining everyday without fail.. This could counter your problem of being overheated in Australia.hehee

yo mama! lets get together!!

the three of us said...

moths like to sit there quietly. biding their time.. D8 creepy little buggers.

kelly said...

ohmygod tak boleh kelakar lagi ke?
hahahahahahah

alamak, im procrastinating again. ish.

farah_hanani said...

just to let you know, im reading.