exaggeration and tall tales galore

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Group assignments

One thing about this semester that makes me happy, really happy, is the fact that there are no group assignments, just one teeny weeny tax law question-solving to be done in pairs.

No group assignments! If this were a cheesy mat salleh movie, this would be the point where the gospel choir music blares out ('HAAAALLELUJAH!'), but it's not. I'm still very glad though, I could do a little jig. I would, if I weren't sprawled out on my bed.

This is a shameful attitude to adopt of course, I am very aware any smart alec could whip out the numerous statistics and facts on how potential employers prefer graduates that have strong teamwork abilities and cooperative skills, etc, but still. I understand that my anti-teamwork stance is detrimental in the long run, but allow me to bask in this pleasure for a moment.

Went to the library for the first time in a long time yesterday, to check out my textbooks, and while looking at it from the outside I had this weird daydream to light up a cigarette and smoke. This would be followed by a scene where I warily eye the building and adopt a Russian accent to say something along the lines of "Why hello comrade. We meet again".

Which may be a tad weird, but the library is, after all, my partner in battle, and judging by my subjects, I have an arduous duel against my studies up ahead. I had my first lecture for Derivative Securities yesterday, and while I was tempted by sexy terms like 'the Monte-Carlo Simulation' and 'swaps'(I don't know, it sounds cool), by the second half of the lecture I was already struggling, grappling with what my lecturer was explaining on complex payoffs.

Anyway, now I'm going to do one of those things where people talk about something personal and you have no idea what they're talking about, which makes it quite annoying. But anyway.

It was very silly of me to hold you constant, as if to presume you wouldn't have new experiences or meet new people. I will stop thinking that anything you write is for my benefit.

Hooray, I'm glad to get that off my chest. I have to go for a lecture now, be well jellybeans.

No comments: