exaggeration and tall tales galore

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Flashback

Today is a gloomy day, all gray and dark, weather that doesn't encourage excursions outside. I'm half-wishing it would rain, storm, even. Stormy afternoons remind me of our house back in Ampang, when I'd come down to the kitchen to get a snack of some sort, and see it pouring cats and dogs outside the window, or maybe just about to, thunder growling. The front door would be closed of course, mom would open it first thing in the morning and keep it open with her door-stopper, a row of ducks, but in the afternoons she would close it before she went upstairs to her room to rest.

Everything would be dark and muted, the house would be quiet. Perfect time for napping, but I never did. I'd get something to eat from the fridge, maybe leftovers, maybe heat up one of those slices of frozen pizza mom stocked up for us.Then back upstairs to my room, to a good book and a hot snack. Contentment.

No comments: